Sign in to follow this  
peanut

18's on the raddo

Can anyone out there give me an idea of handling with 18's fitted? Trying to decide wether or not to fit the 18"ABT cups ive got, et35 8.5x18 splits. Coilovers are on their way, pretty sure ill need to have the arches flared too.

Cheers

Gav

It is likely to tramline quite a lot and probably cost a fortune every time you need new boots. The general consensus is 15's for comfort, 16's for the best compromise between handling and looks, 17's biggest you can go for a decent ride providing you have a good suspension set up. There aren't many Rado owners running 18's. Wheels are a very personal choice though so you'll have as many opinions as you do replies! I think 18's look a bit comedy big! (he says running 15's) :)

i have 18 on mine with no probs 11j on the back and 10j on the front don't get any tramlineing at all

alan

However MADDUB you are running a Rieger wide arch kit so a completely different story than trying to get 18's on a standard arch car!

I think you will struggle with alot of rubbing unless major arch mods are made. But I'd agree with Neil G60 that 18's just look tooooo big

k not going with the 18's as (fingers crossed) manged to source some rather wide 17's. Cheers for the input though guys!

Gav

I've seen a C with 18's on and it has to be said, it does look a bit rollerskate-like :(

I happen to love the stance of my standard suspensioned G60 with 18's that don't rub. Granted, I do have 35 series tires, but it's worth it.

Wheels are like shoes, you choose by the style.

I have run 17's for a year now and am heading back down to 16's because of the ride.

But as everyone states its down to personal choice. I also think the 18s just look rediculous but again thats my personal opinion.

Thinking about putting 18's on mine as summer wheels, only thing is, the hight i run, the bloody things would never go round!!!

PhatVR6, the house in that pic is wicked!

It's got a modded raddo, a partly finished sweet looking mk2 and in the corner is a country!!!!

...and a mk4 4 motion up the road! (well, that's my dads TDI in the pic)

and a lupo on next doors drive!

118658492.jpg

I remeber when I had the house up for sale, the guy said £do you find there's a problem parking with all these cars about?"

I replied

"no, they're all mine!!"

don't like that at all. the wheels look cheap, the offset badge is minging, and I'm not that keen on red on a corrado either.

their quite a crazy nice car.... saw a gold edition one at mania,, apparently their quite rare,,, different but nice cars

have ya tried the Lm's on it :lol: