Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

its something that you can do in vagcom, you have to basically turn the feature off so its not looking for the module

It would seem others are having simular issues:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3337670

Guess chipping it or swapping the mkiv abs module in seem the only options.

I've not had mine over 50 degrees yet so not sure if this will affact me too. Planning on driving her for a distance over the coming weekend so guess I'll find out then...

Dutch

I have been speaking to Custom Code UK and they can remove the need for the mkiv abs module with their rechip :)

I'm going to get my ecu flashed with Custom Code phase 1 (204 -> 225 hp) and have the need for 2 after-cat lambda's removed so I can physically ditch them. I'm also considering having the immobilizer Code removed too while I'm at it.

However, if I remove the immobilizer code from the ECU, will I still need the mkiv clocks backing plate, key and key fob??

ASFAIK they are only needed due to the immob. anyhow, but I'm not 100% sure??

Dutch

I still can't believe your selling mate. From what I can tell so far the 24v is just perfect for the C, and the sound is fantastic!

Easily modded up to 250 bhp n/a in a car that weighs

I know it's time to move on and all that but to what may I ask? (PM if you like, I'll keep it quiet!)

Dutch

I really dont know mate!!! Im considering buying the Mrs a new car and keeping the 4mo for myself, uprating the suspension, wheels and maybe add a remap???? Its not a bad base to start from, especially as Ive changed the coil, maf, leads, plaugs, front wishbones, front ARB bushes. Ive got some S3 front shocks and springs on the way as a start.

Seems to make sense, apart from the fact it has too many fire escapes, 5!! But I can live with that.

Then again, I may not.......................... :lol:

I really dont know mate!!! Im considering buying the Mrs a new car and keeping the 4mo for myself, uprating the suspension, wheels and maybe add a remap???? Its not a bad base to start from, especially as Ive changed the coil, maf, leads, plaugs, front wishbones, front ARB bushes. Ive got some S3 front shocks and springs on the way as a start.

Seems to make sense, apart from the fact it has too many fire escapes, 5!! But I can live with that.

Then again, I may not.......................... :lol:

What you need Stanley, is an Alfa :)

Got a zorst and carbon intake fitted today :)

Only if I want to mother it :lol:

Bet that lot wasnt cheap either! You should post a thread about your car in the general section mate 8)

Only if I want to mother it :lol:

Bet that lot wasnt cheap either! You should post a thread about your car in the general section mate 8)

A mere 850 quid mate! :)

Not sure there's enough interest in the spaghetti-wagon to start a thread on here dude!

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/em_k3.html ;) :lol:

If you used one of those do you still get the use of the instrument led guages etc? I'm really toying with the R32 engine option but can't bring myself to start messing with the electrics behind the dash, I wan't a 'mainly corrado' car if you know what I mean......or else I'll get beaten for modifying a storm :lol: ....

I still can't believe your selling mate. From what I can tell so far the 24v is just perfect for the C, and the sound is fantastic!

Easily modded up to 250 bhp n/a in a car that weighs

I know it's time to move on and all that but to what may I ask? (PM if you like, I'll keep it quiet!)

Dutch

Which VR weighs less than 1200kg then Monsieur Dutchman? Wishful thinking I reckon!

I have the original clocks and the only things missing from the MFA are mpg and oil temp.

Which ECU do you have then Stan? I've been having a gander at your thread but still can't see it. From what I can see most people reckon that you have to use the 24v ECU but then have to use the Key etc to go with it which means either fitting the clocks or just the backplate into the corrado. All I want is the bare minimum of 24v components, and i think the only way i can do that is with an aftermarket programmable ECU... Your oil temp is not connected to the ECU, and I thought the MPG was driven off the vacuum pipe?

http://www.emeraldm3d.com/em_k3.html ;) :lol:

If you used one of those do you still get the use of the instrument led guages etc? I'm really toying with the R32 engine option but can't bring myself to start messing with the electrics behind the dash, I wan't a 'mainly corrado' car if you know what I mean......or else I'll get beaten for modifying a storm :lol: ....

I have the original clocks and the only things missing from the MFA are mpg and oil temp.

Which ECU do you have then Stan? I've been having a gander at your thread but still can't see it. From what I can see most people reckon that you have to use the 24v ECU but then have to use the Key etc to go with it which means either fitting the clocks or just the backplate into the corrado. All I want is the bare minimum of 24v components, and i think the only way i can do that is with an aftermarket programmable ECU... Your oil temp is not connected to the ECU, and I thought the MPG was driven off the vacuum pipe?

I believe Staniel is running Emerald, but even if not - as he says, the clocks will all work, the only bit that doesn't is the oil temp and MPG which both come from the ECU on the VRs. It may have been a vacuum thing on other Cs tho.

I have the 24v ECU. Oil temp is not a feature on the 4mo, I know cos I have one of those too. Not sure about the MPG, but Im suare thats part of the ECU too.

The clocks in mine are Corrado clocks, but he did have to strip the Golf clocks in order to bypass the immobiliser.

I'm also running the 24v ecu and I now have everything working on my dash except the mpg.

The mfa oil temp display requires a signal from the oil temp sender that

Dutch, Why ditch the two sensors? Looking out for an R32 Engine now, will be sticking with the VW ECU if you can get it to work 8) , who is flashing it for you? I'm just trying to get a list of parts to purchase the whole lot together, can anyone help out on this? So far it looks like Engine( with alternator etc), cats, Engine loom, ECU Not sure about relay plate? Airbox and air intake bit's would be a bonus if I could fit them by relocating the battery...Mocal oil cooler (and a t-piece :lol: ) What about the mounts?

cheers

Chris