Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

A 3.2 crank in an AUE block will give you 2965cc, but the pistons will sit 6mm proud of the block at TDC, so custom work required.

I agree with Sean, it's not worth it, better off sticking a complete 3.2 in.

Going to be spending the day connecting everything up this weekend, if I get my ECU back I may even be able to give the key a turn. I've saved as many pictures of peoples R32 bay as I can but has anyone got a load of photo's of their build, just in case I get stuck. Think I'm looking for pipes/hoses/blanking plates etc.

There are a few pipes on the back of the inlet, what are each for? 1 will be for brake servo vacuum I presume but can't find any pictures to show what the rest are connected to. Might just be me being daft... I did take a picture to remind myself, think there are 4?

There are 3 I think?

Brake servo, evap solenoid and I can't remember what the other was for but I've just blocked it off lol

Got any pictures of that area? Just trying to sort last few bits out and I'm presuming I'll need to cut my vacuum hose and join it with something.

You need 2 pipes from the inlet. The large one is for the brake booster and the others can all be blanked except for the inlet manifold change over diaphragm.

fyi, the third line is for the r32 exhaust flap control system.

I disconnected my MAF and it felt much better (had some missfire but different to what ive experienced so far), so Ill be swapping it out. Fortunately I have a spare 4motion MAF which wont directly fit but Im going to try and swap the actual sensor out from the housing as I think they are the same part.

You can tap off any line you like for the vacuum feed :)

The actual sensor is the same. Just the bore diameter of the pipe it is in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78762[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78763[/ATTACH]

Getting there, Just supporting brackets to go and extend the coolnt hoses to the TB and possibly a cover for the leads

Edited by J.C

Well, after driving around for a couple of weeks, the JB high heat weld putty started to crack,

This putty is supposed to be the best on the market, so the modded manifold has been binned (literaly)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78929[/ATTACH]

This little experiment has cost me around £75,

A bit disheartened but nothing ventured, nothing gained

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78762[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78763[/ATTACH]

Getting there, Just supporting brackets to go and extend the coolnt hoses to the TB and possibly a cover for the leads

The problem you will find is that the manifold flexes under load.

Maybe fibreglass wrap would work? I know carbon fibre would but that's not too easy to get hold of!

I've excersized this particular demon,

I'm in the mood for an engine cover at the moment, will prob change my mind next week,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78930[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78931[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79045[/ATTACH]

The problem you will find is that the manifold flexes under load.

Maybe fibreglass wrap would work? I know carbon fibre would but that's not too easy to get hold of!

Edited by J.C

Couple of questions, the power steering pipe doesn't seem to fit very well against the block, it sort of sits underneath the engine instead. anyone else had any fitment issues? I'm also experiencing a bit of a problem with the power steering pipe sitting against the cooler exchange pipes... and the t-piece I have for the oil sensors are right up against them as well!!! I have opted to use the 24v heat exchanger btw.

Another thing is, I was going to keep the carbon canister but where does the pipework go to?

Quick one, the MAF on my 3.2 is bigger than the VR6 so I need a bigger piece of silicone piping to connect BMC to, it is currently stepped down onto the MAF so presume this will just be a straight piece. Where is everyone buying there piping from? Only need a short stubby piece but may consider getting a 180 bend and running the pipework round the back to original vr6 position.

I use these guys but through their ebay store, not sure if there's any difference in price though

http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/

Quick one, the MAF on my 3.2 is bigger than the VR6 so I need a bigger piece of silicone piping to connect BMC to, it is currently stepped down onto the MAF so presume this will just be a straight piece. Where is everyone buying there piping from? Only need a short stubby piece but may consider getting a 180 bend and running the pipework round the back to original vr6 position.

Cheers guys, i'll have to go measure up the size I need now.

Any input on previous question about power steering hardline pipe?

swift, I thought that initially then realised the pipe will fit. Just needs a little bit of encouragement. No damage either before you ask!

I think I ended up using a mk3 GTi pas pipe or something as I wasn't happy with the VR one.