Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Sorry to go back in time had fitted an aue lump in my raddo, but it had a dodgy crank and killed the bearings if I was to put a bde in what wiring changes would I need to do

it will be easier to get another AUE , your need the BDE engine harness + ecu and swap over, not sure but you might be able to copy your aue harness in terms of being modified to fit rado , as the differences between them are more then likely at the ecu rather then fusebox side,im sure someone will confirm though

Well I'm still learning new things about this conversion every day and hopefully when I finally have my car on the road I'll write what I have learn't for anyone looking at doing it. For now I've just see that the oil cooler on the mk4/TT is different from the A3/MK5, bloody typical! For anyone wanting to do the conversion I would strongly advise getting the TT or the mk4, my A3 is a royal pain in the arse and the most awkward engine you can use! The oil cooler pipes point directly at the power steering pipe so fouls on that, mk4/TT however point forwards as opposed to towards drivers side.

So my question here is, I plan to swap the oil cooler over, does anyone know if they are interchangeable? I would presume so but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong

Just use a new 12V cooler, my oil temps are spot on and I keep a close eye out, although I did have an almost complete spanking new cooling system so the water keeps a nice stable temp.

Pretty much, if you have a de-cat. Mine is a fair bit quieter than that with a jetex 3 box kit and 2 standard Audi cats, but the rasp is still there at 4k plus. It's a sound that makes you heavy on the right foot!!

De-cat = de-torque. The noise is OK for an hour but the horrendous drone and obnoxiously loud show boating noises wears REAL thin..... especially for your neighbours :lol:

I'm running mine through a stock system bar the conversion downpipe and it's perfect. Still sounds good when you're giving it a bit of love, otherwise, very subtle. The only box I'm thinking of removing is the middle silencer before it gets to the suitcase box.

To avoid horrible droning leave the suitcase box in place or fit a decent aftermarket box in it's place.

Mic's 24v with a Borla exhaust is the best i've heard bar none.

all going well end of month will be the start date(type r engine gets paid for)

Will the standard vr6 cat and scorpion cat back be too restrictive for the 2.8 24v

Mic's 24v with a Borla exhaust is the best i've heard bar none.

That was the best exhaust for Corrados, ever! Loads of flow for good top end power and just the right balance between noise and refinement, and zero drone.

Love that photo in your sig of your Corrado on the RX's, makes me want them on mine again, if only they fit with the big brakes :-(

We should do a few sound clips of the exhaust setup's we have, I like mine fairy quiet really, I'm too old for a loud and hard car! I'll post one up later...

We should do a few sound clips of the exhaust setup's we have, I like mine fairy quiet really, I'm too old for a loud and hard car! I'll post one up later...

Think there's a few video's of my car floating around on here anyway but I'll put some links up to youtube. The borla is by far the best purchase I've made for the car so far.

Sounds good, is there a picture of what you did with your manifold?

As I'm thinking about the lengths of the pipes from the manifolds to the collector that will make a difference on the vr6 burbling

Yea in my build thread, it's only temporary until i can drive it to an exhaust place to get one properly made up. I used top halves of the mk5 style manifold, had some flanges to match made up and welded to vr6 downpipe

Think there's a few video's of my car floating around on here anyway but I'll put some links up to youtube. The borla is by far the best purchase I've made for the car so far.

Sounds good to me! I also like the brakes, don't they limit your wheel options a bit? My Brembos certainly do.

Yeah I'm a bit restricted. Currently the Rota's have loads of room but the CH's run a little closer than I'd like but do ultimately clear. Because they're 304mm I could go down to 16" but they'd need to have a good amount of spoke clearance.

I'm sure you'd agree the stopping power is worth the wheel compromise!

Hi does anybody have a dyno graph of a corrado with a r32 engine in ?

Any would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi how difficult is it to keep the ac?

Is there some other bracket I may need and pully?

Also must I drain out the AC gasses or can I just move it all out of way?

Thank you

As far as I know the aircon compressor clashes with the cross member, I have seen it fitted but obviously the angle grinder needs to come out. Try finding richie r32's build thread, fairly sure he fitted it and with decent pictures of it as well.

You'll need auxillary bracket to suit aircon and the right size belt. I'd imagine it would all be disconnected when you got the parts so will be drained but I don't know a whole lot about aircon