Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

As Mark has confirmed its all wired up, can I be safe in the bet that my Vag COM will still work via the 2+2 plug? This was one thing I forgot to ask but as he's very thorough I can assume he's included it.

You'll need to connect the ECU comms wire to the brown K Line distribution block behind the centre console for that to work, but yep, Mark should have labelled that up for you.

I got mine running today!!!

First thing I checked fuses, they were all ok. Then I put a clio diesel battery on and checked the ECU relay in the scuttle clicked which it did. Then I looked at the fuse box and it felt like No.18 relay clicked with the key.

I then disconnected the fuel feed and it released a load of air pressure. Then when I turned the key it didn't prime but when I turned the engine over fuel flowed out of it. I blew down the feed hose into the fuel rail but it seemed blocked, probably couldn't blow hard enough to operate the 4.0bar FPR??

The FPR had no securing clip so I pulled it out and then I could blow the fuel through the rail. I put the FPR back in an my mate held it down.

Then I poured the fuel which into the fuel rail, connected it again and second attempt it fired up, it had no exhaust on so was very loud so I turned it off, the fuel was pushing out of the FPR hosing even though he was trying to hold it down. I didnt try it again then, he's going to order me a clip to secure it then we will run it again.

Then I offered up the butchered mk5 downpipes, they need a bit of work to fit but I think if they were heated and bent a bit they will be a nice fit.

So it seems like the fuel system was air locked, does that sound right to you lot or do you think the FPR could be at fault? I have no vacuum hose attached to it by the way.

yey great news! Air lock is possible, but are you sure the fuel lines are connected up correctly to the fpr? the vacuum line is only needed when driving as it allows more fuel to be supplied when you blip the throttle.

What do you mean about the FPR not having a securing clip??

Here are the pictures of my pedal arrangement...

DSCF6005.jpg

DSCF6003.jpg

DSCF6002.jpg

DSCF6001.jpg

Here is a video of mine first running without any silencers fitted. The ratteling it a loose coupling on the exhaust and the engine had a idle issue but you get the idea of how great the engine sounds even

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/quicky1980/Corrado/?action=view&current=DSCF4064-1.mp4

Need a password to view the video mate.

I will get pics of my pedal later as mine is different to yours!

Seems to work fine for me mate? Thanks Sam love seeing the end result!

Yeah pics would be ace please, good to see how everyone has achieved it. I know I will end up cutting the carpet but I'd rather sit it right before I get the knife out. Is yours a top hinged pedal?

I also noticed that my mother has the same pedal in her skoda! It actually sits slanted in there, but looks like the rh trim in the corrado will get in the way... I guess we have to live with it being not quite oem?

Nope cant view it says enter private album password!

Here is how my pedal is installed

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68413[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68414[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68415[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68416[/ATTACH]

yep same here i cant view it, its set to private, think you have the same pedal as me swompy, the install is on my things to do list ;)

yey great news! Air lock is possible, but are you sure the fuel lines are connected up correctly to the fpr? the vacuum line is only needed when driving as it allows more fuel to be supplied when you blip the throttle.

What do you mean about the FPR not having a securing clip??

I'm using a mk4 rail with the FPR built in, the clip is like the ones for the coolant temp sensor, just a wire U shaped piece of metal to hold it down.

sorry, dont know how to take the password off just that video link, looks like I can remove the password from the folder which contains the video but I dont wish to do that. If someone knows how to get around it and lets me know that would be great otherwise, sorry guys and gals.

It's weird Sam i've had no problem watching it!!

We're approaching dday guys :cheers:.....Will it start or will it not?

I've been told my MK5 ECU & loom etc should ship out today or tomorrow, so hopefully come thursday / friday, I could be listening to the sweet sound of his royal R32ness again :D

As I've almost got everything now Kev, how's this weekend for you? I know I've already proposed 2 dates but this is the one, I have the loom and everything, just missing one lambda and spark plugs but they're overdue so should be any day now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh and also have a quick look in my thread can ya mate! Got a query, ta!

Sorry dude, this weekend is out I'm afraid :-( I'm not even 100% sure I'll have my own done by then and it's now my only car as I sold my daily!

No worries Kev, soon though mate?

Does anyone have any trim parts kicking around for the MK5 R32 lump? I'm struggling with the MK4 stuff that came with the setup!

Need a cable guide for the coilpacks (runs along the top of the intake mani) and also the metal bracket that fits at the passenger side and secures things like the vacuum pipes, main and secondary loom and other various items.

Great work mate! :)

Anyone know how heat tolerant the gear linkage is? In its current position it will likely touch the lambda sensor :(

Pretty tolerant. My first turbo conversion's downpipe was pressed hard against the gear cables and it was fine like that for over a year. It's not ideal obviously but it's not going to kill the cables :D

Heres a couple of pics of my Mk5 downpipes which I've cut before they join back together:, they flare out where the pieces join so they are easy to take apart and hopefully easy to put back together

Edited by 1990

made a start on prepping the wireing today, my new modified loom doesnt seem to have the plug for the charcoal canister valve , i traced the wireing back on my old standard corrado loom and the wires seem to go to the ecu! so whats the crack with that guys?

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

I've decided the excitement will have to wait, I have 3 things on the job list before i can crank it. Working late into the night is just going to make for sloppy work, tomorrow morning it is then!

Got to plug in the fuse box plugs, fill it with coolant, and bolt up the exhaust mani, then we will see if all this work has been worth it!

A lot of emotions playing at once here guys, relief (3 months in the making!!!), nerves, excitement, you name it haha.

Guys,

Why will this plug not go together!? I've tried adjusting the pins its still not playing ball.

Kev are you able to chat on the phone? Pm me your number if you can, cheers.