Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Whats that plug feeding into? I cant remember it.

Looking at the image it doesnt look like its supposed to fit together as there are four pink prongs at the top but only to ports.

The 4 prongs are meant to fit into each other, there are actually 4 prongs and 4 holes to match. I've fixed it, I just broke the prongs off! plugs in fine now, and the wire colours on both sides all match up.

And the battery's dead....Been cranking and the fuel pressure was coming up then it died! How long does it normally take to get fuel along the lines? Do I need to let the air out via the bleed nipple at the end of the rail?

what have you guys done about the carbon canister and aux water pump?

apparentley aux pump feed comes from the mk4 fan controller,

also traced the wires back from the carbon canister and they go to the vr6 ecu otherwise if they had went to fusebox it would of been happy days, i dont fancy haven an open petrol tank vent so is there anyway to get this canister valve to work?

i know theres a guy on mk2vr6.com that removed his aux pump as he also didnt have a plug,

so i might just remove the aux pump altogether. cheers

With the wiring I've been given, the carbon canister solenoid wasn't on it, although it was discussed and intentions were to include it. At the moment I'll cope without it but I know what you're saying, without the solenoid control we're a bit screwed aren't we?

The Aux pump has a plug included on my loom, I did request it too, it'll be run by the original fan control module if they do. If not you can use the original R32 pump in the front location using the R32 plug?

It only bloody works! Raised the fuel pressure bit by bit, got to 50 psi with a couple of leaks (looks like a poor built fpr.

No rev counter and no throttle pedal response but idled fine. I ran it for 10 minutes and didn't get any oil temp or water temp response. If those sensors weren't working the oil pressure would likely flash wouldn't it? Being on the same collection of wires and all?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations on getting it running mate, it's a good feeling isn't it!

Are you using a Corrado fan controller then or Mk4? Whichever one you have it doesn't matter, but the aux pump is driven by it. Last thing I did on mine before I packed it away was wire in a later fan controller.

yea congrats man! i hope to be feeling some of that goodness in the next few days,

just a thought with the carbon canistor, if i hooked one pin up to earth and the other to ign live would that keep the valve constantley open when ign is on? or is there more to it then that?

I'm interested to know this too matey, as mine has no plug for the carbon canister I am unsure where to go with the connection of it!

I guess the only option for us is to plug it directly to the intake without the solenoid, but then this would be drawing constant air from the tanks, probably screwing up the maf too. What's the best answer then to the knowers?

im going to hook them two pins up tomo to a battery and see what happens to the valve , if it stays constantley open then im hooking it up to an ign live and just going to leave the tank vent open to atmosphere,if it works it will only be open to atmosphere when the car is running which is alot better then what others have done which leve it open 24/7 . come to think of it, the mk4 must have a carbon canister of some sort right? so im guessing it comes from the ecu?

The solenoid is meant to open in certain conditions only though, I'd be a bit careful of running it continuously open if it starts sucking air out of the tank especially when the engine intake is running a high vacuum level, I'm guessing which would be high revs dropping to idle so throttle valve closed but pistons still trying to suck air in.

I've got a dead pedal, but i wanted to check what error codes come up. I connected up my 409.1 vag com and a generic ebay cable (always worked fine before) and it's finding the ecu fine, but reporting back no errors?

There is also a message saying no errors or cannot communicate or something. I expected to see the pedal error kev mentioned earlier, so what gives? Is my vag com too old?

right had a butchers, it seems adding a 12v supply to that valve actualy closes it!!

i took the whole thing out of the pipe work and blew through it the same as what the petrol pressure would and it takes abit of pressure to go through , not much but abit,

yea think your right with it only operating at certain points, but now knowing that the valve will release pressure once it builds up im not to bothered , im just going to get a little filter for the end of the pipe that would of been connected to the inlet manifold and tuck it out the way, it will basiclay vent itself when it needs to as opposed to removeing the valve completley and haven an open pipe, have a look your see what i mean just rigg one pin to earth and the other to live on a battery and blow through the same way,

RE: the dead pedal, you'll need to go through the VCDS measuring blocks and find the one for the pedal and see what numbers you get when you press it up and down. God knows what the measuring block is though. We'll have to put a list together!

Yeah I've gone and ordered a new pedal from vw (£50 for the MKV GTi one). They wont accept it back if it doesn't work though! I assume as the GTI is petrol it will work fine? I've sure enough found the error about the low voltage from the pedal.

It's not a registered VCDS so I cant get all the errors frustratingly, but should I be getting errors from the Lambda B2 S2? I know thats the post cat sensor but I thought I wasn't expecting those as Mark had coded them out! Ideas?

Not sure about the pedal tbh mate, I just used a MK4 4Mo one and it works fine :D MK5 GTI is a totally different ECU to the V6s IIRC, but at the end of the day, the ECU feeds the pedal with 5V and expects to see low and high voltages back from it (failsafe checking). Just depends what range of voltages the ECU is expecting to see from the pedal.

Again, it's all extra info that can be a collated into the Definitive Definitive 24V fitment guide ;)

You can't actually remove the errors from the ECU. They will always be there, despite the relevant function being disabled. Obviously we need to see as small an error list as possible though.

guys got everything plugged in as it should be and im getting no fuel, checked my perm live and ign live with volt meter and there sound as a pound, any ideas ?

not sure but the fuel pump works if i remove the relay and bridge the connection with a wire but doing so the abs light stays on? everything worked as it should before so its wierd why its not now, also tryed useing the diagnostic port but it says interface not ready, and lists a few possible causes , like no ignition power , prety sure im not getting a spark either as i removed a coil and then cranked it over but couldnt see any, found a pic of the mk4 ecu plug showing lives and earths so im gona check them , so so close !

I also got no fuel untill I removed the FPR and then it (eventually) came through.

That could be down to your K Jet pumps, which I assume you're still using? The VR6 Corrado pump never has any supply issues with R32s, so I think his issue is something else. If no spark either, could be a crank sensor issue but you really need to get that ECU comms working mate or you'll be working blind!

i had both fuel lines open in a bucket as i replaced the fuel filter i wanted all the air out the system before connecting them so i know its an electrical issue thats more then likely something wrong with the loom installation :(

Sounds like the ECU isn't triggering the fuel pump relay. Bypassing the relay to make the pump run permanently would be a good test, but your said the coils aren't working either. The only time the ECU shuts off both spark and fuel is when it can't see a crank signal....

I had this problem then realised the middle of the 3 white fusebox connectors wasn't properly seated! It was a long one that day ok guys? :lol:

Kev how long till you're up and running?

Bummer, I could drive down and see you if this pedal works? I've got mot booked on saturday! Whether I make the mot or not is another matter.