Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

Looks like the right ECU to match kev, one thing though I'm seeing the year of manufacture as 03-04 on that code? Is yours therefore an earlier r32 ie the audi equivalent of the mk4?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the mk4 end in 03/04?

Edit**

Wait I've just seen a few other places, it looks like your engine is much newer (what build date have you?) but the ECU is from around 2004 so MK4/5 issues? Do you want to try a swap with my ecu and see if the correlation error disappears?

Double Edit**

Sorry I've just realised im captain obvious here, you've already said you know thats the problem. The sensor mismatch lies within the cam wheel itself, not the pickup. To get your ecu to work you'd need to change the cam sprockets. We will see if my ECU eliminates the problem on Sunday if you like, I can then hunt up the old routes i took to get hold of my ECU if it helps (and if Vince can't get you the right one)

J

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Does the mass of torque early on lull you into a sense of disappointment with performance up the RPM range? I just feel it's not that quick! Low revs or speed and planting it does give the impression it's not your standard VR though!

Edited by Fanjita

Does the mass of torque early on lull you into a sense of disappointment with performance up the RPM range? I just feel it's not that quick! Low revs or speed and planting it does give the impression it's not your standard VR though!

i love it, its perfect for where i live, our island has a realy crapy speed limit and you cant realy drive around on full throttle/ up in the revs for long,its like start stop start stop around town kinda driveing , so for me im not disapointed at all, some guy on vortex was saying "oh get ready for the drop in torque" and im thinking what? are you mad? clearly only saying that because hes heard it on the internet, well you say about low revs and planting it, just change gear earlier then what you would on the 12v no? i still need to get my vss hooked up as the rev limiters kicking in at 5000rpm because of no signal so i havnet been able to go past 5000rpm , and tbh i dont think i need to :) still gona hook the wire up but just enjoying it right now,

Thanks James :D I already had in mind to try your ECU ;) But isn't yours a BUB with the grey cam sensors? But we can try it anyway!

Yeah I think mine is a 2005-6 engine. Can't be entirely sure on that.

Mine seems to have a good torque curve everywhere, but I'm not sure if that's because it's in limp mode or not. I'm also not sure the intake flap is working as I don't see it move when revving the engine. Mine seems to go like a stabbed rat from 4000 onwards though....until 5000....then it hits a limiter because the vehicle speed sensor fault code hasn't been deleted from the ECU yet.

my 2.8 pulls hard from 2000 upwards , so nice haven that low down torque, also about the vss wire, on mine its from ecu plug pin 54 then that wire needs spliceing with wire on fusebox plug W/1 , might do this over the weekend, have you guys had your emissions stuff removed from ecu ? or just immo defeat? iv had immo,emmsions and sai removed so that probably makes a difference

Mine's literally just been immobed so that it runs, then Stealth said take it up to them and they'll remap it on the dyno and remove all the codes that show up on the day.

With the VSS on the MK5 engines, it comes from the ABS sensors, so I'm not sure splicing it into the Corrado VSS will work. Different signal probably?

Mine's now coming up with all sorts of Injector, cam adjuster, ecu relay etc etc "Short to ground" errors. It always starts and runs fine, so I'm not sure what's up with it. Really do wish I'd stuck with the standalone now, lol!

Oh and the intake flap defo is working. I got a long bit of wood and prodded the throttle through the sunroof hole whilst observing. With the standalone, I set it to come on a lot lower rpm than VW did, which made crawling along traffic a lot nicer. I'll see if I can do the same in ME7. The standard R32 switch on seems to need quite a bit of engine load and / or revs.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

do any of you guys have the red plastic covers on the wireing to each ignition coils? , mine are black and i want the red ones, by the looks of it there just clip on covers, if anyone has the red ones would you be so kind as to read the part number on the top of them and pm or post up the number ..thanks

heres what i mean, wow just check out the price! i bet these from vw are actualy 1/8th of the price these guys are asking!

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-R32_MKV--3.2/Maintenance/View_All/ES261145/

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

yea im down with a swap, i have another spare engine loom with those black clips on ready to remove, pm me your address and i might be able to get them posted in the next couple of days, no rush for you though, Thanks ...

yea im down with a swap, i have another spare engine loom with those black clips on ready to remove, pm me your address and i might be able to get them posted in the next couple of days, no rush for you though, Thanks ...

Are your black ones level with the intake runners? i.e. 3 of them are angled differently like the red ones? If so, swapsies is a goer :D

i'll have a looksy, i know my coils sit at different angles and the height is determined by the height of the coil as i recently replaced a none vag coil for an oem coil and it sits slightly lower ,they sit prety much level but give or take 5mm or so , ill get a photo for this evening and ill let you decide but im fairly certain there be ok,

had a good look, they all seem to be identical :(

so with the red ones, theres three clips which are angled?

all the black ones seem to have a slight angle but nothing major DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Cheers for that.

Yeah yours are all the same angle and completely different to mine! I think mine might be Audi ones but 3 of them are angled differently to make sure all 6 sit flush with the intake runners. I think yours might look a bit odd on my engine tbh, so I'll hang onto them for now! Thanks anyway :D

sound no worrys, does any of the 3 you have look like they would work with mine? if so which part number ?

3 x 022 971 921 B

3 x 022 971 921 C

cheers...

3 of Kev's will point slightly up and 3 will point slightly down. I think they would be OK on yours.

Do you use the Club GTI forum? A guy called Justin (Mushy16v) might have some, I sold him my mk5 loom.

OK, so I put the MK5 R32 ECU in (022 906 032 CD) in place of the one I had (022 906 032 DP) and the cam errors have gone, which is a relief as it saved me wasting half a day checking the cam timing.

I now have the same issue Fanjita had in that the ECY doesn't like 4Motion pedal, so I have to buy and R32 one. It seems the CD ECU needs a specific pedal. Heresites had the same problem with his too.

Is the 022 906 032 DP ecu also from the mk5 or the mk4?

Does it run any different without the errors?

I don't know what engine the DP ecu comes from originally but it's clearly expecting to see the MK4 cam trigger wheels!

I can't tell if the CD runs differently yet as I've got no accelerator! But it idles slower (600-640rpm instead of 680-720rpm) and a little steadier / smoother.

Ah you mentioned that about my idle actually so it was just the ecu! Do you want to test it with my pedal? Also I made a cushty template from a piece of card to cut the holes for the pegs of the pedal into the carpet if you want?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

"Cushty" :lol: Haven't heard that word since watching Del boy all those years ago :D

Appreciate the offer chap but pedal already ordered and I'm up to Stealth on Friday, so it'll all get sorted this week one way or another, or I'm gonna break the car for spares. Getting a tad bored all this now tbh!

Does anyone have a spare throttle body to MAF hose/tube for sale? I can't find mine but need one to help decide if i'm going to use a mk4 or mk5 airbox.

Hi mate I have a mk4 intake pipe if that helps. It has connection point for the crank case breather too I think?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Calling all 24v'ers, whilst on tick over im experiencing an intermittent ticking.

tick tick tick.............tick tick tick..............tick tick tick....etc :-P

Any ideas what it may be?