Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

flip out screen

im looking for a flip out screen for my c it must have a tv tuner and dvd player. i have no idea what im looking for are the tuners generally seperate as i cant find one that is combined? i need something to watch at shows or while were waiting for people in service stations, (me and collymore both!) ill be selling my 6 disc nakamichi headunit if anyone is interested?

i'd recommend Clarion

had one in my calibra and it had the lot

touch screen, mp3, dvd, vcd, cd, radio, tv, sat nav option, motorized flip out, changeable colour schemes on screen, dancing screen, folder select options,

VCR948 summt the model i had - and its only £800ish now :D

to the point Holmes, er i want dvd and a tuner anyone know the cheapest and coolest looking way of doing this sorry to be basic but this is what i need! oh and of course quality in abundance! i need some entertainment at shows!

hey guys, sorry to sound a little negative and dont take this the wrong way, but i think what this guy is looking for is probs the pioneer http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=10316&taxonomy_id=25-109

i have had this unit for a while, i have also used a alpine unit on a regular basis and would not recommend 1(unless you can get a pulse screen for the same price as the pio) the pio is full upgradeable, its a touch screen unit and also the front panel removes for security.

i would also say dont bother with the tv tuner, its a waste of money, you can never get a good picture, and its a frecking nightmare to fit!!

hope this helps,

stu.

My mate got one (not sure of make) from Cash converters for about £200 instead of about £700 mate. Have a look around on fleabay etc. It makes no odds if its second hand, providing it works ;)

i have a pioneer screen with the hide away tv tuner and amplified diversity aerials and the reception is pretty damn good in most places.

i also have one of these in car digi box for digital tv but you will need an in line battery powered amplifier from maplin for 9 quid (same one they sell on e-bay for 20 quid), there is also a bosch amplified tv aerial availiable which looks the same as the standard vw aerial and even works quite well on the move which is quite handy for the digital radio stations.

I once thought about trying to integrate my laptop into the car somehow, cheaper than most options, VAG-COM ALL the time! Bigger screen & if I got a satelite receiver I could get the CF on the move!