Sign in to follow this  
A20 LEE

Veyron on TOP GEAR tonight. DO NOT MISS!!

Jim, I agree. He just kept saying it was really fast but we never actualy got a speedo shots or anything. Also a shame that Clarkson didn't get a proper insurance quote!

I think I have figured out what my next project will have to be..... building a Veyron replica :)

Jay

Using an engine from a Reliant Robin.... kinda like a reverse sleeper ;) All show and no go...

I think I have figured out what my next project will have to be..... building a Veyron replica :)

Jay

Using an engine from a Reliant Robin.... kinda like a reverse sleeper ;) All show and no go...[/quote:84fd5]

I thought that was the whole point of the 'cruise scene'? :lol:

Hey, still it's better than a Corsa ;)

I almost choken on my own tongue when they said how much the stalks cost...

Now all I have to do is win the lottery, and I'll have one.

Absolutely stunning, no two ways about it.

Maclaren F1 up to a 120mph before it moves and the Veyron still gets to 200mph before the F1 is just crazy performance.

Sooo glad I had my sub and surround sound on because that noise is just awesome - especially in the tunnel.

A fantastic and probably never to be repeated piece of sublime engineering.

i think he said 4,500 for a single wiper stalk, its made from alu and magnesium ffs this isnt a saxo :lol:

A fantastic and probably never to be repeated piece of sublime engineering.

they said that when the XJ220 and when the Mac F1 came out,,,, so im sure has engineering gets better and better something will come out to test that

1001 bhp bugatti!

this is a common mistake

its 1001 ps, so not so many bhp

But like all VW's it was dynoed at 40 degrees C so on a cool day it will be higher.

erm yeah i was wrong cos its more than 1001 bhp or ps, read the article on evo and apparently is got sumthing like 1040 or 1050 bhp,but because VW boss said he would make a supercar capable of 1001 bhp they just kept with it!

I'm just dreading the day that we see the first pics on the net of some rich ****** who stacked his Veyron.

Prob be beckham! :lol:

Seriously a car like that aint good for the public road as JC said! hope owners get a driving course like tvr do!

Despite all this talk about its performance though, I still think the McLaren F1 would be the superior performer around the track. Wonder if they'd be able to get em both on the show for a track shootout..

enjoyied the feature, the vayron really does look like the ultimate car, the whole race thing was pretty funny, theres no way I'd be jumping into a little plane with james may though!

like others have said its a shame they didnt review the car a bit better, lots of shots of clarkson going "wooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!" only tell you what you already know, its fast!

Got shivers down my back and my hair stood up (head not back!) on end when it came on, its pure sex! Cringed when JC shouted something like "comin' atcha!" though :lol:

Unless they had it on the track but decided they could use the Veyron lap on a future show to make sure we're all watching again?

Do we know how many they're producing and who's getting them??

Great car, smaller than I thought it was going to be. How have they fitted everything in!

But I felt more excitment for the small feature on the 997's, I'm loving the look of those. Never thought porsche would come close to the 993, but the 997 is is close if not there.

thought the article was piss poor actually.... yeah great car but this was 90% clarkson going oooohhh and aaaahhhhhh. not one of the greatest. Top Gear need to stick with the amazing photography and film work but put some of the info and actualy reviewing a car back into the show!

Having read pretty much all of the write ups on it, Evo painted the best picture of it (and were the only people to mention turbo-lag incidentally) but it was nice to see it on the move, and hear it. It's smaller than I imagined but it sits so low to the ground and looks awesome!

Wouldn't have minded a peek under that engine cover too..... but Clarkson wouldn't really know what he was looking at, LOL!

thought the article was piss poor actually.... yeah great car but this was 90% clarkson going oooohhh and aaaahhhhhh. not one of the greatest. Top Gear need to stick with the amazing photography and film work but put some of the info and actualy reviewing a car back into the show!

That's exactly the problem with the show in general if you ask me. In their quest to make it 'girlfriend/wife friendly' it's been taken away from what it's supposed to be all about...I know people find it entertaining....I just wish they would spend alot less time showing off and gassing and spend more time showing the ins and outs of the cars.