Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

WARNING!!! Corrado RIP Thread - Killers at LARGE!!!

Not sure if its in the Corrado instruction manual, but in my wife's one for her Micra it says you must leave it in gear when you park it, so its a pretty normal thing to be expected to do. You should also turn the front wheels so that it will roll into a kerb if it does manage to move and not further on into on coming traffic etc.

You should also turn the front wheels so that it will roll into a kerb if it does manage to move and not further on into on coming traffic etc.

Good idea , but i'm pretty sure it says in the highway code not to leave your wheels sticking out into the road when parking?

I have never left my car's in gear before but got used to it after having my raddo. Now I do it all the time and it catches my wife out when she starts the car if i've been driving it previously. I'm trying to get her into the habit of leaving it in gear aswell.

You should also turn the front wheels so that it will roll into a kerb if it does manage to move and not further on into on coming traffic etc.

Good idea , but i'm pretty sure it says in the highway code not to leave your tyres sticking out into the road when parking?

Surely it says point them at a kerb, I'm sure it does

if i'd done that where I park my car it'd have rolled back into a concrete bollard! yes, i know now i should always leave it in gear :)

if i'd done that where I park my car it'd have rolled back into a concrete bollard! yes, i know now i should always leave it in gear :)

Ah, but it still did that and several parked cars too, one bollard would have been better would it not?

I never leave it in gear..... I always forget and the car ends up head butting the wall at the end of my drive.

I might carry a couple of bricks in the boot for chocking the wheels with instead :-)

I suppose you only need a 'Chris Hill' to happen to you once for you to start changing your habits :-)

It's funny, the same people that religously leave a car in gear are the same people that switch all the plug sockets off in the house before going to bed :-)

Ooooh - cutting Mr H!! OCD is nothing to laugh about :lol:

Surely it takes as much subconscious thought to leave it in neutral as it does to leave it in gear? And I know which one has the more benefit....

Now where's that plug I left on ...... :lol:

I suppose you only need a 'Chris Hill' to happen to you once for you to start changing your habits

I hope to GOD that doesnt become my legacy.

"oh, someone else's done a chris hill then!" :cry:

why amazed? - I always have

You always have what? :) Left it in gear?

If so, then that's sort of what I'm saying - I'm surprised by the amount of people who question leaving the car in gear.

well i'd heard it said before, but about 'old' cars, which I took to mean genuinely old like MG's and morris minors, not 15 year old VW's! lesson learned though, and like walesy, i keep catching the missus out by leaving her car in gear... which is a small victory for me every time she stalls :)

16v, are you saying that if you pull someone with my name, you get your rear end battered into an unrecognisable pulp? :?

According to the gents toilet in the Blue Oyster*.

*So I've been told.

I never leave it in gear.....

It's funny, the same people that religously leave a car in gear are the same people that switch all the plug sockets off in the house before going to bed :-)

i don't - but i'll plug you into a socket and you'll have haywire hair to suit your name :)

All this talk about parking accidents :( At least they are easy to avoid as explained above. The real danger is with other drivers and adding them to road conditions makes them 10 times worse. I had a stupid woman in a corsa pull out in front of me yesterday, she realised i was coming and stopped, in the middle of the road of all places!!! i ended up slamming on the anchors sliding 50 meters (was only about a foot from hitting her as i slid passed and bounced off the curb. Now my alloy is damaged. Good job it was the left front.

I hit a pothole last month with that same wheel. Left a nice dent in the rim. Hole had yellow square round it which says they were suppose to be working on it. So im now in the process of claiming the money for a new one from them. SLOW as it is.

i should have tried to claim for one of my alloys,i rang the council up they told me to ring a certain department can't remember which dep,anyway they asked me where the hole was,they then said their insurers would need pics for any claim,anyway when i went to work that afternoon the councile had filled the hole!went to take some pics all that was there was a steamy new patch of tarmac!!

Bar stewards arent they mate. I rang them the day after, happened on a friday night at 7pm and it was dark. I managed to get pics :) But they first filled the hole in on the monday after badly at that and then the end of the week they had 6 large dumping trucks and big yellow sign saying road works for next five weeks!!! At least the road is nice and smooth, well one side of the carriageway is so far.

ssshhhhh !don't tell anybody but i'm still lookin for a suitable pot hole to take a pic of,to use on a later date,still got the fecked wheel under the stairs,ended up gettin a second hand set of wheels the ones she's wearin at the mo

i will get my revenge :twisted:

16v, are you saying that if you pull someone with my name, you get your rear end battered into an unrecognisable pulp? :?

According to the gents toilet in the Blue Oyster*.

*So I've been told.

I think I've found your answer if you want a big hole in your rear end ;)