Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Biggerbigneil's 328i Sport

Edited 01/05/06

Thought I would actually add some pictures and info to this thread of my E36 328i Sport

I'm sure it's not to everyones taste, I'm quite tempted by a 944 Turbo/S2 or a 968 Club Sport or even a Storm! so this might be sale soonish

It is a 1998 328i Sport, Boston Green on 88k with FBMWSH, it has from the factory: -

Full climate control

Avus Package

Lux Pack

6 disk changer

Under Warranty: -

New calipers

Steering Spindle

New engine in 06/2000 (currently on 45k)

Costs so far: -

BBS refurbishment

alternator and air con belts

fog lights, never turned on but they still crack

Wanted: -

Some more power!

Does the Z4 still come with free curling tongs?

Yeh, they plug in the ciggy lighter. You also get a free pair of oversized sunglasses. ;)

I bought the 328i Sport!

Biggerbighugo thrashed the pants of it before I did! the bugger!

Was getting too much abuse about the Z4, couldn't do it...

The 328 is so nice! full leather, digital climate control, bmw 6 disk changer and speaker upgrade, Mtech body kit, suspension and brakes, 17" BBS split rims with 225's at the front and 245's at the rear. So comfortable and quick to drive. I think the CVR6 was quicker but the Beamer is more effortless and you feel relaxed with no rattling what so ever. If I could I'd have both! Well actually I'd have a Storm and an E36 3.0L M3!

I'm going to keep this one completely standard, it's too nice!

If you get one contact alpina527 about the inlet manifold and throttle body kit he does for the 328.

Yeah Ian was telling me about those when I collected my flowed VR throttle from him. It was him who also explained about the VR, 325/28i, Merc Kompressor etc all being under 200bhp (but capable of a lot more) due to German insurance being very steep (at the time) on cars over 200 brake.

Nice car Neil, it was on my shortlist before getting the C. Tested a lovely one in Boston Green, same spec as yours with the 17" splits, LSD, leather etc etc....but it was £9k 3 years ago, so got the C instead for £5K!

I'll get some asap

It's still on Autotrader for £5250

Boston Green 83k

near London - J25 on M25

Can't get onto autotrader for some reason to post link

it was from a sport car dealership selling M3's, Porsches etc

Looks mint mate, nice find!

I agree they feel slower than the c, less punchy when i drove one. Different car though, and a good one at that.

like the interior!! not sure how slow it will feel?! my mother had one a few year back and it wa fast as hell!! even with the standard 193bhp (she had had a chip mind you).

anyway i think top car, just watch out for the back end going round cornors. Nearly lost the 320 many a time.

The car has the lux pack so the interior is really nice!

It's definitely not slow, actually it's very fast!

The car has traction control so hopefully the back won't be coming out.

I think the C felt quicker because of the noise on my old one, the 328 is so quiet. It accelerates better at higher speeds I think, much better gear box, but I think for hooning it around on summer days on country roads you can't beat a lowered VR6 on speedo's with a nice exhaust and all the windows down! :-)

you have to watch the back end with traction control, as they can get a bit backend happy,so i hear. the 328 never seemed to bad but the 320 with same traction c. was crazy!

once you are used to rear wheel drive i guess its all relative..

have fun :-)

remeber seeing yr car at No Rice Neil.. its nice mate..

why not get another corrado, you no you miss having one!!

I've often thought about gettin one of these, but then end up talking myself round to a VR first, really nice motor mate

It's definitely a good car, very comfortable for the daily commute and fun enough for weekends, although I really do need more power. They look really good lowered a small amount on 18" AC Schnitzer alloys. If I were to keep this I'd probably supercharge it or do the manifold, intake, remap conversion which is good for 250 bhp.

I am tempted to go back to Corrado ownership, mainly for the looks and very tempted by a 944 turbo as they come with 250 bhp and are very easily tunable to 350 bhp!

We'll see, if I get a job closer to home then I don't have to worry about reliability so much