Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

This years favourites

No one said it was best of 2005, just its one of the best uk ones around.

even though it's a US spec car, imported from germany....

anyway, I refer you to the title of the thread....

I'm gonna be boring and say Jay's and Lee's Corrados - boring I know, but there you go... ;) Jay, for simply building a factory finished daily driver MkIV Corrado, and Lee for actually changing my opinion of it once I saw it in the metal!

Gonna count Ben's as a Corrado of 2006 cause that's when it'll be properly finished, and damn it'll be a show stealer even more!

But for everyday rados that I can aspire to myself - Kev's and Tom's have to be right up there...

hmmmm..... see, i think you have to split them all up into 2 groups... the Rados which only appear in your dreams - ie Lees, Jays and Bens (cos face it, how many of us can afford those kind of interiors/wheels/paintjobs/engines...?) and those which genuinely you could own/develop your own C into something similar -Kevs, Toms and Furkis for example....

I love Lees for the sheer quality of the finish.... VR6s for completely changing my mind on blue rados.... Furkis for just being utterly stunning.... NickVR6s for just being a lovely example of how a rado doesnt need to be flash to turn heads (even tho he doesnt think it is any good...) OSVs for being lovelier in the metal than in pics - and its bl**dy stunning in the pics.... M15 VWs for showing us girlies can produce a car as well as the boys can, no one mentions it much on here but its a fantastic C...!

theres just so many, and all for different reasons....

or maybe i'm just a bit sad and love them all... :oops:

My person favourites this year in no particular, order as i couldn't decide between them

OSV's - Just perfect really, has an ore about it like a new factory car.

Haywires - Doesn't compromise on his goals.

ToffeeRado - First car in ages that made me think "wow" and its fresh exterior is perfectly judged.

Not included your C, Russ. Next year it will rock everyone. :wink:

Link to the Vortex Thread

The cars that i've been most interested in this year have to be:

24V Renshaw's - just.. superb! I just WANT this car!

kevhaywire - true dedication to the cause. Kev is at Stealth almost every weekend it seems, and has just spent so much time sorting this car out!

biggerbigben - so ambitious and so so cool!

So many great cars this year.. definately a great year for Osnabrucks finest.

Kev's is probably my favourite corrado, but im not really sure why its just subtle and well balanced imo.

I do like Lee's and Jay's cars, and totally respect their dedication and effort but they are abit "show'y" for my tastes.

Well Jim, give me your MK4 and some cash and its yours :)

My favourites this year in the UK for different reasons are

OSV - Just something right about this car (but not with the black BBS's)

Kev's - Tidy car, nice power, similar ideas to mine about quietness and tightness.

Lee's - Just because its the only "show" corrado out there at the mo

Jay

My favourites are;

ToffeeRado

Jays 24v

A20LEE

Bens 20vt

Sukhs VR

Abass Red corrado from westside..

Furks G60

so many others, to many to list!!

Lee, would be good to see what Carl Taylor & venom come back with...

Very tricky this one.

Lee's car has huge presence, Awesome in the metal.

As Jay says the only outright show Corrado in the UK this year. (Sukhs is in hibernation).

You have to credit Paul (Phatvr6) and Bens 4x4 Corrados pushing engineering and modification in the C to the next level.

I miss Asim's car and there aren't too many other OEM+ cars about which is a shame as they are my personal choice for Corrados.

The Supercharged boys including Kev (such commitment and subtle too!) Pau1, Tom and the NE boys have created some performance interest this year and reminded us that these cars are meant to be driven.

Chris Gaskell's storm is stock and close to perfect condition.

There haven't been many genuine newcomers and some are still works in progress but although I have only seen pics Tofeerado has undeniable presence and quality.

However for innovation and being so thoroughly sorted the Corrado of the year has to be Jay Renshaws TT/Porsche/4motion/Corvette oh and a bit of VW too, Corrado.

The cars that i've been most interested in this year have to be:

24V Renshaw's - just.. superb! I just WANT this car!

Well Jim, give me your MK4 and some cash and its yours

jim i'll second that!!!

jay if jim doesn't want to part with his golf u could always take my g60 :lol: :lol:

Blimey, how can you pick a favourite from so many top examples?!

I like multifaceted cars that you can't sum up with one cursory glace. I like wandering round them and spotting several subtle changes that seperate them apart from the crowd. Jay's and Lee's are that kind of car.

In the heavy metal category, it's got to be Phat and BiggerBigBen's 4x4 Corrados..... haven't seen either in the flesh yet unfortunately though.

OEM+...... OSV, Asim etc.... still factory fresh looking beauties, 10 years down the line.

wow.. mine doesn't deserve to be up there in 'the best' c's of this year! Its not even finished!

2006 is when mine will be finished and ready to roll! Will it still be blue, made from metal and supporting porsche splits..? who knows .. :)

Top 3 c's for me are:

Jay's pink 24v

Doug's V5, Aston interior

Phats R32 4x4.. (with the LMs on)

Others .. Kevs, OVS, Lee's, Russ's.. the list goes on!

I'm all up for originality but i'm not liking that one. The headrest (notice the lack of plural) looks like it's been pulled from a rabbit hutch and the vents are hideous.. sorry :|