Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Stans 24v - Its been emotional, bye bye

Gotta be happy with that :D 8)

Power at Flywheel: 234.1 BHP

Power at Wheels: 167.6 BHP

Max Torque Speed: 3848 RPM

Max Engine Torque: 216.1 lb ft

Loved your car Stan, couldn't believe how quiet and smooth that 24v is. Well impressed!!

Lovely power figure mate, but nearly a 70BHP loss through the wheels is a helluva lot ?!

I had a similar loss at my last RR but this was due to worn gearbox, slipping clutch and running silly 9x16" wheels on the dyno, 178BHP at wheels instead of the what would be expected 200+BHP ATW.

Cheers,

BigTartanJudge

Seeing this car today really did make we wanna get a Vr6! such a stealthy Car! Anyone else would just think its a stnadard VR6, when infact its far from it!

One of my fav cars today! lovelly

Loss through drivetrain, and drag from wheels / tyres should be around 10-15 % on a FWD car so would have thought power at wheels would have been around 200 BHP, 170 BHP seems rather low for the engine I would have thought ? I have seen a lot of 2.9 VR6's around the 200 BHP mark that make 170ish BHP ATW. Maybe some others can help clarify here ?

Blowing the tyres up is worth a few neddies too.

The power is pretty smooth alright. Would be good if the curve was steeper ;0)

Seems to be a dip in the torque, might be able to do something with that if you knew what the cause was. Weak mixture, ign timing or cam timing? The 24V has variable timing, is that right? Maybe the change over between low and high speed running isn't as smooth as it could be?

In the scheme of things though, the money you paid for nearly 50 crank HP over std, was pretty good.

Gavin

You need to point out it could have been the same money, for exactly the same power as before it went in.

That would have been plain silly.

In girl's terms:

Like buying a pair of shoes 10 years ago, then paying the same money for the same shoes today. :lol:

Gavin

the dip is probably the inelt manifold changeover point.

look at any curve from a shricked VR, same dip around 4000. but show me a 12V with that sort of torque and power......24v's are good value when you consider second hand schrick manifolds are around the £800-900 mark.

As has just been pointed out by saysomestuff my car has had its first birthday, with the 24v engine in it!! and its my birthday too, never realised they were on the same day before 8)

Happy Birthday to me

Happy birthday to me.....

:lol:

and its my birthday too, never realised they were on the same day before

:lol:

I bet you planned it from day one! :wink:

You at dub pres on sat?

I still haven't seen the heap yet! :)