Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Stans 24v - Its been emotional, bye bye

Tart :)

:lol: Non Corrado type person :p[/quote:60ebb]

Err.... you've been misinformed Stanley old chap. Rado AND Alfa :)

Ive had the front end painted, the delocked door handles painted, and the new rear plate surround too 8)

I'll get some pics up over the next few days. If James (Mystic Storm, the new owner) hasnt collected by the weekend then Im hoping to show her off at Tatton Park for my last outing in her :(

Did you get it done pink for him mate? :)

Not quite, just a nice Burgundy colour :D

Its a good job but there are a couple of little bits Im not entirely happy with, so I'm going back tomorrow. However, he did do the front grille and handles too. He's also still got my headlight surrounds and rear plate suround there in paint, and he's done all the extra's for free too.

Some pics of the new paint below.

bet your gonna be sad to see it go

Deffo mate, but its time to move on. Nothing looks as good as a C though, thats the big problem Im having at the mo :(

bet your gonna be sad to see it go

Deffo mate, but its time to move on. Nothing looks as good as a C though, thats the big problem Im having at the mo :(

Hmmm, well I have moved on, and now regret it :(

I'm now driving a Revo'd Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8t, although its faster, it is boring nowhere near as good to look at, and about as special as a Mondeo.

To make things worse it is nowhere near as problem free as the Corrado was, it cost more than twice what I got for the C, and is costing way more to run.

I'm very tempted to sell the Golf and get another Corrado, but I just don't fancy starting from scratch again.

With the benefit of hindsight, I think you are making a big mistake in letting it go, particularly after all you've done to it.

I think it's partly about what car you move on to though mate. With all due respect, I could've told you that a 1.8t GTi wasn't gonna cut it against a rado - chipped or not.

I have to say I haven't regretted it at all so far. My new car is faster (much faster), looks great, drives great and puts the same massive smile on my face that the rado did every time I drove it.

Maybe careful selection of the replacement car is the key? I know exactly what you're saying though - most modern cars are dull as ditchwater compared to the C.

I think it's partly about what car you move on to though mate. With all due respect, I could've told you that a 1.8t GTi wasn't gonna cut it against a rado - chipped or not.

I have to say I haven't regretted it at all so far. My new car is faster (much faster), looks great, drives great and puts the same massive smile on my face that the rado did every time I drove it.

Maybe careful selection of the replacement car is the key? I know exactly what you're saying though - most modern cars are dull as ditchwater compared to the C.

True, it is very hard to find a replacement which can match the qualities the Corrado has. Having said that, I have had a Leon Cupra in the past, so I knew roughly what to expect, but it is worse than I thought.

I have considered selling the Golf and getting an S3, but I fear I will find that pretty dull too.

Out of interest, double-6s what would your choice be for a Corrado replacement for around £5k - £7k? The only other car I think I should have looked at more seriously is the BMW 3 series, however I think that may not have grabbed my interest like the Corrado.

A friend has a classic Impreza WRX, which is nice, but I could not live with the Jap interior, so that was out of the question for me.

Phil I hear exactly what youre saying mate, hence the reason I dont know what to get, same as you really.

I have (well the mrs does) a Golf 4motion, and its a decent car, but not the same as the C, however in terms of comfort etc then it beats it hands down. Part of the downfall of the C is the fact its so old now, and things like aircon are very rare. Its also a really harsh ride in comparison, which can be a bit tedious when you're not flooring it.

I had though about an S4, or a 4.2 Q A6 (300 BHP :shock: ), but the running costs are just stupid! Ive also thought about the Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 - but I have concerns over the reliability.

Nobody makes cars like they used to, and thats the main problem, unless you can afford a fair bit more money, which I cant. :(

I think the better choice for me would have been to keep the C, and spend around 2.5k on an Audi A4 TDI as an everyday hack, that way I get comfort, economy & toys such as A/C, but still have a car to have fun in and be proud of.

I just hope you don't live to regret selling it, because it would be a lot of work and money to get back to where you are.

True, it is very hard to find a replacement which can match the qualities the Corrado has. Having said that, I have had a Leon Cupra in the past, so I knew roughly what to expect, but it is worse than I thought.

I have considered selling the Golf and getting an S3, but I fear I will find that pretty dull too.

Out of interest, double-6s what would your choice be for a Corrado replacement for around £5k - £7k? The only other car I think I should have looked at more seriously is the BMW 3 series, however I think that may not have grabbed my interest like the Corrado.

A friend has a classic Impreza WRX, which is nice, but I could not live with the Jap interior, so that was out of the question for me.

Yeah I thought the S3 was dull as fek as well to be honest mate. Don't like the interior either - not really special enough.

I also can't stand anything jap because of the interiors. Truly awful.

£7k? Difficult price...... 328i sport? I'd say M3 but 8k still buys the ropierhigh mileage end of them generally.

Or get a small loan and buy a proper car - Alfa GTA! :)

Ibiza Cupra?

Audi S2?

Leon Cupra R? (Price??)

My VR6 for £7k! :lol:

Audi TT?

Rare Golf MK1/2?

Puma Racing? (errrm, prob not!)

Focus ST170?

Alfa Spider V6?

I think anything golf derived is out.

S2 - long in the tooth by now.

Alfa spyder - baggy as fook. Don't bother.

ST170 - puurrlleeeaaaseee :(

A mate has an Ibiza Cupra TDI 160bhp, which is a lot closer to the Corrado driving experience than my Golf, but the interior is a little cheap looking, and I'm not too keen on the exterior styling.

I saw this car yesterday and had the chance to have a good peep around it and it is lovely, someone is gonna end up with a nice car.

Shame youre letting it go Stan, good to meet you yesterday....

For sale again, see the for sale section.

Did the new owner realise just how remarkably gay your/his car is? :)[/quote:58010]

Dick :p

:lol: