Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Stans 24v - Its been emotional, bye bye

puttin a 20v turbo in, new brakes and poly bushing it oh and a few other little treats its almost finished now gonna pick it up next friday hopefully taken a while as samco have been a bit crap been waiting almost 7 weeks now for some hoses to turn up!

looking good stan hope andy has done as good a job of mine, oh an where did you get your battery cover from?

I was at PSI today, saw your car there, think the 1.8T is now in!

yeah its been in for a bit (the engine) just had trouble with bits not turning up plus there has only been andy there the past two weeks as the guy who does all the servicing has been on holiday so its taken a bit longer than he thought

yep its the 225 engine but should be pushing 285+ bhp by the time its finished its booked to go on the rollers next week so we will see, and yep did it for a good price he managed to squeeze my invoice through before he had to go vat registered

Some new pics of my clean interior, new Handbrake gaiter, new grille and colour coded handles 8)

Oh yeah, colour coded my script badge, and made myself a 24v badge from a VW 20v and 1.4 badge ;)

He's paying loads for the advertising ;)

Got the handbrake gaiter Here

Forgot to add, I painted the front light surrounds to match the grille too, looks very subtle in a dark colour 8)

Just looks so right,

Love the fact that you have totally revamped the car but left the wheels as they are, Top choices. Is that red lighter suround froma passat? if so which one?

Its from a SEAT Toledo iirc. I got it off one of the guys on here, who got it from a scrappy.

Thanks for the comments too guys, glad she looks good. Need a few bits doing to get her right, but will get there. Got a quote to remove some dings at Tatton today, normally £40 per panel, and I need 4 doing so thats £160 :shock: But he said he'd do it for £100, and come to me to do it too 8)

She didn't drive it, although he did briefly and said a diff suspension and new bushes to replace the worn ones would make it feel like a different car!

Told me £1000 would sort out all probs with the engine (blue smoke overrun)

Where you getting it rollered? Is he adding a custom-code chip to it for the power increase?

dont know exactly where he is gettin it rollered at just said he knew someone with some an yeah stan its gonna have a custom code remap and a fmic to get it to that bhp he said it should be ready friday i cant bloody wait oh an ya cars lookin sweet at tatton wish mine had been ready in time