Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Stans 24v - Its been emotional, bye bye

Down on the front of the block at the bottom, just to the side of the engine mount. It has a connector to it and is bolted to the block with an M6 socket head bolt.

Jay

Cheers Mr Cox ;) Will check it out over the weekend.

Hows yours going?

Sorry forgot to reply to this one! I am currently trying to sort out some airconditioning pipes before I put the front of the car back on.

I am also looking for a vdo temp sender, the dealers are demanding I go in and pay up front, but its 10 bastard miles away. :mad:

Bloody annoying it is.

Just thought I'd share this bit ;)

I filled up last week (on standard unleaded) to see what fuel returns I am getting. Its on half a tank now and reading 200 miles :shock: and I havent been hanging about either ;)

On the 12v I was only getting about 320 to the tank, at this rate I reckon I'll be getting closer to 370-400 miles per tank.

Gonna revert back to super next time, and see if I get any better returns with that.

Agreed - the newer engines and engine management certainly do a better job of it all.

I get 400 miles out of mine, and it's a 15 gallon tank, not 17 like the Cs...

On the 12v I was only getting about 320 to the tank, at this rate I reckon I'll be getting closer to 370-400 miles per tank.

that will be a big difference in the running costs if using on a daily basis, especially at the astronomical price fuel is at the moment

that will be a big difference in the running costs if using on a daily basis, especially at the astronomical price fuel is at the moment

Not the way my right foot likes it :lol:

Update on leccy gremlin - The reason it wouldnt go through 5k revs is because there was no feedback from the gearbox. Its now sorted.

However, I still get the fluctuating revs. Havent had a chance to get a speed sensor yet, and dont really want to fork out for one, in case it isnt that. Has anyone got one, or going to Inters where maybe we could do a little diagnostics?

Cheers ;)

Can't Andy do what he did with my MAF and get a new one from VAG to test and then just send back?

Just worked out Stan that if your getting say 40 miles per tank extra, it'd would pay for itself eventually.

And the grand total of miles you'd have to cover to recoup £2500 (I know its more!) is ...................

150,000 miles!!!

Great looking swap! I haven't seen any 24v Corrado's this side of the atlantic, you and Jay have both pushed the envelope! I've got lots of family in the UK, hopefully I'll be visiting during a big show and have a chance to see the great work :)

I'm quite interested in doing this swap, but I'd like to do a lot more research before fully going forth with it - would anyone with 24v swap experience be willing to consult with me?

Keep it up!

edit: Just read the sticky in the Engine forum, gave a bit more information than I'd known before :) thanks!

No Phil, its a bit awkward where it is, but Im hoping to get a duct from AWG soon. Theyre making some which come from the bottom of the bumper.

Zippy I quite like it with the cover off too but it doesnt look right close up. Would like a similar cover to the R32 8)

Will :fist: Jealousy will get you nowhere :lol: