Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Got my a** whooped.

ZippyVR6, I drive one for my pizza delivery, and I love it. It's a hoot to drive (except when it's icy) and weighs almost nothing.

Walesy, I was reading your advert with interest, but I'm afraid your golf is a little out of my price range, as I can't afford to spend more than about £500. I'm truly on the road of bangernomics at the moment, and loving it. :) Best of luck with the sale though.

but Jim used to drive a saxo so anything's fun for him :lol:

:lol: LOL, that's funny....sorry Jim ;-)

Don't take the gibes as harsh criticism, just jesting! At the end of the day you tried the rest and came back to the best ;-)

The 182 is a quick little thing...I was genuinely surprised by my mate's. Where my VR lethargically crawls it's heavy arse out of junctions, the Clio was like a bullet by comparison and at 5000 ish rpm where the cams change over, you get another stonking boost.

But getting back into the Rado again afterwards was like stepping out of a 50p per hour deck chair and sliding into a solid oak framed leather arm chair. The Rado, even at 11 years old (in my case) feels like it's forged from granite compared to the tinny french tuna tin.......which is what it's all about....there are cars that can do great things, but it's what you feel comfortable with and would rather be in that counts.

The Rado by modern standards is no rocket ship, but as an overall driver's tool...it ticks all the right boxes.

But then again Kev, you have got about 3 Clio's worth of weight in dynamat strapped into your C... :lol:

Don't worry Jim, I used to own a Saxo, 1.4 'Furio' to be exact. I had it for a year & it was great fun. Never had a single problem with it it passed its MOT with not a single problem. Don't get me wrong a Corrado is way better but Saxos aren't so bad, they get a bad rap.

I also must add it was completely un modified...

But then again Kev, you have got about 3 Clio's worth of weight in dynamat strapped into your C... :lol:

Yeah, hence the 'heavy arse' comment :lol:

Even so, a standard VR is 200kg heavier than a Clio 182! But then the Clio is a lot smaller, has plastic wings and engine parts and the seats are about half the weight of the Rado's, judging by their wafer thin construction.

Put the 182 engine in a Rado and it won't be half as quick!

too funny :lol:

I can't remember what it was referring to, but it was a car review in Car a while back that said

"OF course the Clio weighs the same as the Land Rover... if it happened to have a Lotus Elise strapped to the roof"

:lol:

i was jus pi55ed off abt its poor build quality and dash rattling, was actually relieved to get back into a rado after my renault experience

Are you seriously saying your Corrado rattles less than a brand new Clio?

sorry i may have typed that incorrectly my corrado does rattle,, but it feels solid,, the renualt feels like its gonna collapse on you anytime... scares the sh1t out of me... you would understand more if you saw the way i drive.

but Jim used to drive a saxo so anything's fun for him :lol:

Aye.. and it packed a level of reliability that the Corrado could only dream of. The irony eh?

saxo had to be reliable,,, not like its a huge seller because of its good looks. :lol: its like dating a ugly bird with a nice personality...

... but it's what you feel comfortable with and would rather be in that counts.

Agree with you there, and the Corrado is definitely a car that I would choose over many cars, newer or otherwise.

Just to clarify my stance on the 182 Jim:Maybe you're right and it's a case of "badge snobbery".If the guy was driving a Veyron I would have said the same thing.My point was that the author of this thread owns the Corrado and need not feel ashamed in any way that he was overtaken by a noddy car or any other kind of car for that matter.

its never going to beat everything - so win some loose some... if you enjoy driving it day to day, thats all that should matter.