Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

It's aliiiiiiiiiive!

When was the last time you drove it properly working 16v? Bet you miss it, I miss mine if I don't drive it for a week... took her out for a brilliant drive today. :)

When was the last time you drove it properly working 16v? Bet you miss it, I miss mine if I don't drive it for a week... took her out for a brilliant drive today. :)

Bout 4 months + !

Jeez, that's a long time. Still, wont be long now and hopefully it'll all be sorted and working properly! Keep us posted.

Rang up this morning, and the head finally had finally been skimmed and they will have it back tomorrow so they can fit it back in yay :cheers:

:multi:

It will be back on the road before you know it and better than ever!

Well I just spoke to them now, and he said it should be done by tomorrow as they've only just got the head back ( Why didn't they ring me, I could've gone and got it the other day :roll: ) and they recommended changing the timing belt and vave head or summit, so more money going out of my pocket :mad: ( An extra £50 to be precise )

Might aswell get it all done..

They say it'll be back tmoz

16v needs a hug :cry:

I had the same thing with increasing bills, no calls and ever extended 'you'll have it back' dates... went on for over a year in my case and cost over £3.5K... hope you have it back soon :?

Replacing the timing belt and tensioner is critical in this situation, unless it's reasonably new. However, £50 seems a few quid over the top of the price of the parts. There shouldn't be any extra labour charge as the old timing belt is already off and they have to reset the timing anyway - the only extra work is the one bolt for the tensioner, which probably got taken off before they sent the head off.

Bout 4 months + !

wow! Is there anything called corrado-abstinence? Bet you shake all over, gain weight like crazy and eat carrots all day long, or what? :D

Mine was stranded for two weeks, but they went fast cuz I was pissed off at it :x but now we're the bestest of friends again :)

Good luck with your corrado, 16v!

Well, just been to pick her up :D :D :D

I'm so happy to have her home finally, need topay the rest of £400 though..

Went to petrol station and my petrol cap was stuck :mad: , an oldish bloke who was filling up tried to help me because his daughter had a rado and he was in a storm last night! He loves Rados, complimented already lol.

But I'm just chuffed she's running/sounding lovely.