Sign in to follow this  
jekvr6

found some old pictures of my 2.0lt 16v

yes they did make a 2.0lt on a j plate as this one was but it was made in south africa so i was told not germany there very 17`s but every body always said tey looked 18`s they are bsa wheels the crome didnt last long !!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Corrado's were built in Osnabruck by Karmann, none were built by VW with the exception of a few that were prepped by VW Motorsport...

do you know my it says" made in mexico "under the air box? :?

All Corrado's were built in Osnabruck by Karmann, none were built by VW with the exception of a few that were prepped by VW Motorsport...

So what, the airbox is made in mexico???

it says made in mexico stamped on the body work UNDER the air box,ive not noticed it before until RW1 showed me last week

Here we go...........

:lol:

Or may the rumour can be started that the Storms were secretly made in Mexico..... :ignore:

says made in mexico stamped on the body work UNDER the air box

Has anybody else got this?

Mine hasnt - only know coz i toothbrushed this area on fri - sad i know :crazyeyes:

IT WAS A 92 J PLATE

I SOLD IT TO GET MY VR6 BUT IT WAS A VERY GOOD ONE HAD THE DIFFERENT REAR SEATS WITH OUT THE ARM RESTS

I WAS TOLD BY VW IN 1992 VW THEMSELVES IMPORTED A LOAD OF 2.0LT 16V`S FROM AFICA ????? I HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WHEN I WANTED BITS IT HAS A DIFFERENT EHXAUST BRACKET SYSTEM TO WHAT ALL THE SUPPLIERS HAD IN THERE BOOKS AND WHEN I WANTED A ALTERNATOR I COULDNT GER ONE SO I HAD TO HAVE MINE RECONED

BUT BE I WAS TOLD S*I* I KNEW VERY LITTLE ABOUT CORRADS WHEN I GOT IT

The Made in Mexico thing is confusing.. we saw the pressworks at Karmann where they made the body panels, and then we saw the assembly lines where the Corrado was built.. not quite sure how Mexico would factor into any of that?

Very nice 2.0 16v, any advice you can give to someone just about to hopefully get a 2.0 16v would be great.

PM me if you can.

Cheers,

P

erm, the only advice i could give you from experience, is dont drive into a traffic island at 30mph. Infact dont drive into one at all. :wink:

The Made in Mexico thing is confusing.. we saw the pressworks at Karmann where they made the body panels, and then we saw the assembly lines where the Corrado was built.. not quite sure how Mexico would factor into any of that?

Fairly simple.... The part is a Mk2 Golf part and perhaps for cheapness and import/export balancing, it was off-loaded by VW Wolfsburg to the Mexico press plant in 1994ish hence why some C's don't have the stamped M. in M..

Perhaps arises cos the MK2 had stopped so mass production demand at Wolfsburg ceased. We do it all the time to make parts for the aircraft. The presses have gone so we outsource the part from a small firm somewhere for the odd parts needed for repairs. Ordering 1 offs or 10 offs instead of 2,000 off a year say. Corrados at the last year were only about 400 to 500 cars per month. Different volume of production to the Golf Mk2 when it was being built.

Karmann just bought in the part and welded it into the bodyshell on the line. Thats why the C is a Passat/Golf hybrid as many VW's are. Look at the parts list alot is not 535/536 parts (Corrado specific).