Sign in to follow this  
purple-rado

Magnex exhaust question

hi guys,

I'm just wondering if a cat back magnex exhaust from a corrado G60 will fit my 1.8 16valve (G 1989). Will this exhaust bolt straight on? I'm also not sure whether my corrado has a cat.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanx

Note that it looks to me like that exhaust isn't complete. At least under *my* car there is another box between the CAT and that big centre piece - don't know for sure about the G60s etc, but I'd doubt the description "cat back" if it doesn't have 3 boxes.

Nice one DazzyVR6.

I will have to look under the car to see if the exhaust will fiit as mentioned by DR Mat that it looks incomplete.

Thanx again guys

Hi purple rado I can confirm that the magnex exhaust will fit your car the vw exhaust comes in three sections but magnex only have 2 sections all they have done is extend the pipe from the back of the centre box to eliminate the small silencer just behind the cat

Guys,

I have a 2.0 16V Corrado '95 plate.

How much does a s.steel exhaust cost?

What would you recomend? Magnex?

How much of the exhaust is replaced, all of it or just from the CAT onwards?

Anybody know a good place to have it done in Glasgow?

Dave

Guys,

I have a 2.0 16V Corrado '95 plate.

How much does a s.steel exhaust cost?

What would you recomend? Magnex?

How much of the exhaust is replaced, all of it or just from the CAT onwards?

Anybody know a good place to have it done in Glasgow?

Dave

Drivers do custom Powerflow exausts, they quoted my cousin £280 for a cat-back.

Hi Purple-rado,

the magnex cat back system you mention will not entirely fit your C. You say yours is an early 16 Valve with KR engine, the front pipe design is totally incompatible with that of the G60. On yours yopu will have a front pipe that runs straight into a silencer and then exits this with a sleeve joint. The G60 system front pipe conversely is much shorter and has no silencer as part of it and terminates just beneath the front bulkhead with a three bolt triangular flange joint. Another point for your consideration is that up to 92 model year apprx the early 16V and G60 Corrados had hook type hangers, this system was on later models changed in line with the VR6 to bar type hangers. I would strongly reccomend that you check this detail and no matter what the saving not attempt the conversion in order to make one fit the other. Given that the hangers maybe compatible the centre and tail box will fit your C as all Corrados are on common ground here. If the front pipe is the only difference then you may be able to purchase the appropriate interconecting section from the original manufacturer. Beware however that there may be tube bore size differences making this incompatible.

I supply and fit Milltek systems and am of the belief that they offer superior fit and quality to many other options. This opinion i hasten to add is based upon personal experience of all the other manufacturers products. I could supply you with a dedicated system for your 16V and would guarantee you a no hastle snug fitting system that would compliment your C.

Good luck with whichever route you choose to follow, and i hope this info will be of some assistance. I would be happy to help further if so required, send me a PM.

16vG60 fitted a miltek cat back to my G60 last week. Very pleased looks good sounds great and for a stainless steel exhaust did not break the bank. John did a tip top job.

hi 16vG60,

Many thanx for your profound advice. I may have to ask u if you can supply a miltek exh for my c as u mentioned that u supply and fit them, that if i cant find one.

Just wondering as well well if a Sebring backbox for a G60 would fit as i have seen one on Ebay.

Your help is much appreciated.