Sign in to follow this  
OSV

Ever regretted a modification? (helpful guide perhaps)

OK we hear a lot about peoples favourite styling and performance mods. In my experience though it not always a straight forward or positive move. What difficulties have you had, which mods have you regretted and why. We can all learn from experience!

A small example I regretted buying brand new OE Passat rear door handles they didn't have the threaded striker adjustment of the original product and are therefore hard to fit through the door handle recess and to push the lock correctly.

Suprprised yo had problem?? Didn't find it hard to get them through the hole and fitted the passat locking mech so they hit no bother and very quickly.

Personally, I wish I'd never fitted my supercharger.......... :?

realy wish i'd fitted a diesel or something, for better fuel economy or a smaller petrol engine...

NOT!!!!!!!!!:wink:

LOL

Good idea for a thread. Can't say there are any mod's i've made so far that i've regretted but I aven't done many. I always put a lot of thought into doing something before I do it. For me the best thing about the forum is that you can research ideas and see what others have done before you do it and make a mistake or something...

I suppose I kind of regret buying my RM's from super Golfs for £500. Mostly because I have never been able to afford phat outers and chrome bolts from them. Its torture not having them more bing! :lol: :lol:

One day though!!

Rear Inpro Black lights, nothing wrong with quality or fitment, i just couldnt take to them, another bad thing was that every1 else did including my friends who still bring it up!! I just felt they were too grey and too 'aftermarket' type. Ahh well you live and learn!

Corradolights.jpg

But to back up Trigger, any mods i think of or do its always been made so much easier by this forum so i dont make any mistakes! :D

**edit** No smart@rse comments on the towbar being a mistake,was bought with it on and was quickly taken off! :lol:

:lol: Yeah i was just checking to see if Transit wheels would suit the lines of the raddo you know! :-P

Yeah sumtimes when i look at that pic and another a mate has i do think they look good,but i always go with my 'gut' feeling!

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

Don't get me started on this thread!!!! :lol:

I'm sure once I finally get it all finished then I won't regret any of it. But at the moment.........................................

I wanna add to the light disasters

raddobumper009.jpg

:lol: think i was on drugs .. but its ok , they are gone now ....

augustpics050.jpg

think i was on drugs .. but its ok , they are gone now ....

Def liking those new ones, might have to get me a set!

On the subject, does mods that the pervious owner made count??

If so, i gotta couple:

1) TSW EVO R's

2) VR6 suspension (made it a sky scraper!)

3) Modded the supercharger with titanium putty( =one dead charger :mad: )

4) Modded the oil pump with silicone (=two dead chargers!!!:mad::mad::mad:)

I wanna add to the light disasters

raddobumper009.jpg

:lol: think i was on drugs .. but its ok , they are gone now ....

augustpics050.jpg

same as jade i made this mistake and corrected it with the same lights too

its an easy one to make , wanted to brighten the rear end ..... the theory was good, in practice it was a nightmare

when i got them they were the new things out and cost over £200 and i thought they were really nice for about a year then i saw sense, check out my gallary (link in sig) for evidence

Jenks, thats an unusual place for the VR6 badge

Yeah i got it like that,sum1 put it back in the wrong place,its off anyway!

If we're counting previous owner mistakes - Eibach springs (with Koni TAs at least) - jeebus if I had any fillings they'd have been shaken out by now :lol:

Schrick 268/276 cams in my valver, it idled like a rally car which was novel for about 2 days and was actually slower than with KRs. Maybe I'd have seen better results on throttle bodies, but cannot afford them.

bilstein shocks with ventura springs on my old valver, great if you had a chesty lady in a low cut top sitting next to you (not that I ever did mind you) 'boing boing boing'.

not strictly a mod, but a replacement windscreen from Auto-Windscreens was a big mistake.

cheap boge dampers were a bad investment, wish I'd bought Koni's in the first place.

yoko's that were OK in the dry but pants in the wet, thank god they wore out quick.

A Zender rear spoiler that totally removed any rear visibility.

jade is that parking sensors I can see?

yeah :lol: a previous owner thing..... iv kinda got used to em though :roll:

and the best bit is the only thing i have hit on my C is the rear bumper !! ha ha ! (and yes with them on )

....blimey got some ribbing over that one !

The 'mod' that I regret the most is the little go faster stripe that I put on the passenger side door (using the low wall, next to the drive) :oops: