Sign in to follow this  
FTM1975

MOT Cowboy nightmare

great stuff still makes me angry reading this post though! and I, like paul only let mot stations mot my car if i can follow him round and ask questions as they go im paying them for the work why should i sit there wondering what they are doing!

take the car back to the garage and ask them what there going to do about it before you loose your temper , they have liability insurance to cover these types of problems , make sure your insurance are also aware of the problem , if no joy with the manager ask for the owners name and then inform trading standards what has happend to your car whilst in there care you do have rights for a civil court case if you still have no joy , also mention speaking to your local paper if they are not going to help as bad publicity is the last thing any decent garage wants , personaly i would go back in the dark and wait for the mot tester to come out and kick him so hard in the bol***ks :crazyeyes: that he would have to lumps around his neck .

hope you get it sorted with out to many probs buddy :thumbleft:

what on earth were they doing at the top of the door? the fact that they tried to cover it up says it all if you ask me, dirty b*stards

My advice to anyone.....regardless if you know anything about cars or not ......is to always stay and observe whilst an MOT is being carried out on your car.

A couple of years ago an MOT'er almost drove my Nissan off the ramp whilst it was still in the air....if i hadn't been there to scream at him to stop.....he got a little confused coz it has an Auto box .....or so he said.

I dont think all garages have liability insurance - Quite often there are signs in garages saying something like 'vehicles left here at owners risk' etc..

But glad to here it was all fixed :)

Did they explain WHY they were trying to break in that way? Obviously they were crap car thieves as well......

If you read the previous posts chaps you'll see that he's had the car repaired.......even so.....it's quite a horror story if you ask me