Sign in to follow this  
dexter130

New VR owner!!!

Thought I'd best pop in and say hello!

Just picked up my first corrado, It's a 93 VR6 in Moonlight Blue, 75k miles FVWSH and only one owner from new. Cloth interior but mint no wear anywhere even on the bolsters. Just getting a major service done at VW this week as it was last done 18 months and 2.5k miles ago and there a few issues I want looking at, any advice welcome, namely,

there's a slight grind through the clutch pedal only in 1st and only once the first time you set off in the morning (sticking cable?)

there's a slight wobble when on/off throttle, I'm guessing engine or gearbox mounts?

it's a bit jittery on rough roads, the rear steps out over big potholes, I'm guessing rear bushes?

Apart from that I'm pretty pleased with it, it's taking a bit of getting used to as my last car was a Mk1 G60. Got my first wave on Saturday, grey/violet C on Park Lane Macclesfield, and had a lot of people just stop and watch it drive by! It's nice to feel I'm driving a legend 8) .

Cheers, Derek

P3110128-small.jpg

P3110127-small.jpg

P3110125-small.jpg

P3110126-small.jpg

She looks very clean Derek,nice one...do you love that throttle noise when 4k comes along ? 8)

Quite addictive isnt it?

:)

bloody hell, i thought it was mine minus the dent :(, looking very clean mate, so let the spending commence :lol:

Tasty, she looks good.

Reckon the the grind you mention could be the ABS pump pulsing at 7mph or 10 kph. Worried me till someone on here pointed it out.

and the stepping out could be bushes as you mention, after all it is probably origional stuff at 75k and is 13 years old.

Looks stunning. Each time I talk myself into sticking with my valver I see a VR as nice as yours and want one :D

Looks lovely mate, good to see another nice clean VR

The stepping out at the back could be the shocks, this happened on my old valver but sure it's a good reason to get it lowered :)

Tasty, she looks good.

Reckon the the grind you mention could be the ABS pump pulsing at 7mph or 10 kph. Worried me till someone on here pointed it out.

and the stepping out could be bushes as you mention, after all it is probably origional stuff at 75k and is 13 years old.

ZippyVR6..

got the same problem with my VR, what was you fix? More to the point how much?

cheers for the comments chaps!

The paint does look black when it's cloudy but looks amazingly deep blue when it get's the sun on it. It's in at VW for a service tonight so I'll see what they report back about the issues. The engine noise is something I was looking forward too but tbh it's a bit quiet, I struggle to hear the engine on tickover and after 4k the note changes but thought it would be louder, I've had to start driving with the window cracked open so I can hear it :-).

Get yourself a K&N induction kit on it. What a noise! :D

I got one for £28 off the bay, thats the best money ive every spent on a car!

Tasty, she looks good.

ZippyVR6..

got the same problem with my VR, what was you fix? More to the point how much?

The pump is supposed to prime. It is supposed to make that noise. :D So dont worry about it. Start to worry if you dont hear it, then it is megabucks to sort out.

Oh and Dexter. I can highly recomend getting an air filter if you need more noise. I have a K&N but there are loads around and people have discussed at length the merrits of one over another. But It doubles the volume as you pass 4k. 8)

Well got my VR back from it's major service, the mechanic said it was one of the best he'd seen so well pleased with that :D

The only faults were rear axle bushes are split, I thought as much (VW want £423 - Awesome will do it for £225 so I know where I'm going) and they reported a hole in the middle exhaust box (I can't hear any blowing at all) and get this, the quote for a replacement is £576 :shock: . I'll see what awesome say when they do the bushes, hopefully it can be welded up, is that where the cat is and why it's so expensive?

Cheers all,

Derek

That's a huge quote. Exhaust section is only £200ish from GSF I think. Or you cpould get an SS like I did for £350ish fitted from someone like Miltek or Longlife. My Longlife is guaranteed for life as well.

Middle exhaust suitcase box is after the CAT, same place mine was blowing, that bit just rusts away...