Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

forum opinion - 16 or 17s?

I can't wait to get fid of my 17's. IMO they take away from what the Corrado is really all about ( i.e handling )

You weren't complaining about my handling on Sunday! :lol:

Oooer Matron!

Well I was almost decided on 16s until Kev posted his comments and now I dont have a clue. Someone of his experience in alloys ( I believe he has owned all of them one time or another) simply cannot be ignored!!

I suppose if I want a decent ride especially once lowered I should go for 16s....Hey Ho

The 17s were also best for feel consistency..... with 15s and 16s, get them good and hot and the sidewalls start to feel mushy on testing corners.....but 17s in the winter when the armco is harder than granite....hmmmmm....crashiness central.

I can't believe it's possible to get tyres *that* hot on the road. Is it really? If we were talking about a track car then sure, but nobody's mentioned track use.

I agree with the consistency comment on the 17s though....consistently awful :)

Just had my standard BBS balanced and put them on, and , I can't believe the difference it's made. It's like driving a completely different car - a better one!

I appreciate that larger wheels fill the arches more, but the 17's I had made the car look like it hadn't been lowered at all! and also made the car feel/handle like absolute pooh!

I've not tried a rado on 16's yet so would be very interested to see what it's like.

Yep, I assumed that it was on standard suspension as it looked so high!

Now it looks to be dropped around 40mm, not too high-but not too low. ( my camera's broken so can't take any more pics :( )

And it drives completely differently.