Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

OZ splits arrived! (Page 3)

any pics of 301's on the c.

seen before and they looked mint as i remember thinking i need.

Furkz you not seen the set in parts?

As taken by Rob aka Musicman

CRW_2926.jpg

but I won those OZ 17s, so once they arrive I might actually finally start a Member's Gallery thread...! :lol:

yay!!!!

the last 3 min of the auction were hell - i had to keep refreshing to check what was happening....!!!

they will look fab.... :)

Right, pic request time!

Who's running 205/40 on an 8.5" rim? I need pics to decide whether the stretch is going to be too much or whether I can live with it... The wheels are 8.5" ET35, so they're gonna be close on a VR with no archwork anyway! 205/40s are just cheaper and more common than 215/40, and that bit of stretch and slightly lower profile may help with clearance...

Cheers!

How bad do you find the ride with the reduced height of the sidewalls Jay? I wince every time I hit a pothole... (I do avoid most of them but sometimes you have no option!)

:oops: heheh, cheers buddy! dave the wheel ho strikes again...

Jay, what's your effective offset on the 'vette rims with the adaptors? You're running a full wide-track, standard VR setup aren't you?

Cool, well I have a wide body (no jokes please ;)) and ET35, so I reckon I should be ok! Just have to hope there'll be anough clearance for coilies when I can afford them... :)

in the abosolute worse case scenario you may need a spacer (10mm, when u get coiklovers) and arches rolled,,, i think

just read this post.. did you get the rims Dave?? If there the same rims Ive saw em before they got furbed lol

The rims aren't here yet, and they're coming from Deutschland... gonna order me some 205/40 Proxes T1-R next week... should have them by the RR day :)

Well, they arrived yesterday and I'm pretty damn chuffed! They're actually three-piece, not two-piece like the seller thought, and they are gen-ewe-wine OZ as well... got some T1S on order as I know they look good with a stretch, just waiting on some new centre caps and need to get some new wheel bolts too...

Just out of interest, I weighed one of them without tyre and it came up at 11.9Kg - is this light or heavy for an 8.5x17"?

May have to come over to yours before No Dice to dribble on them for a while if thats ok dude :lol:

oh and yeah thats really heavy - you best just give them to me ;)

Heheh, not a chance... ;) btw, NoDice is the 12th, not tomorrow... i'm off work with a bad back so feel free to pop over today if you're in the area... :)

may just do that on the way into the office later - will have to see how productive my morning is first (dribble at the ready) :D

The OZ's look really nice mate, don't like many 5 spokers myself but these are, errrr, really nice !! So all you need to do now is put those 301's in a suitcase and come and see us, please !

Well, just phoned work and the tyres have been delivered (only ordered them yesterday - can't beat Camskill, and I got a £10 discount for having them delivered to a business address!) so they should be on the car for Sun, provided my new wheel bolts arrive in time... Just gotta hope that the new grille, eyebrow and centre caps arrive soon too, then she'll be ready to start a MG thread!