Sign in to follow this  
Talc

Vauxhall Mini!?!?

One of the fastest minis in the world has a 300hp Vauxhall engine in it..... and there was a MK1 Golf with a Vauxhall engine in it too (dubbed "Vauxwagen").... and the Vauxhall version of the Elise is faster than the Lotus version of the Elise! Let's all bow down and kiss Vauxhall's toes :-)

Seriously though, it's good that people are not afraid of shoving engines in from other marques. I've always fancied a V8 or BMW M engined MK2/Corrado myself....

One of the fastest minis in the world has a 300hp Vauxhall engine in it.....

Dont know if you're talking about the same one, but a mate of mine has a yellow mini with a black roof that won Ultimate Mini at York a few years back. He ran something like a 12.3sec 1/4 @ 116mph.

His mini had a 2.0 16v Vauxhall lump with a SBDevelopments 250bhp kit and 100bhp of progressive nitrous!

Although he's now gone down the "no replacement for displacement" route and the last time I saw the mini he was in the process of fitting a V8 in it.

His aim was 10second quater miles. Street legal.

nutters, reminds me of that old joke about 'crumple zones' on mini's being between the headlights and the rear bumper. Surely the chassis isnt up to that much power is it? I'd expect serious twisting with 300bhp!

its a pretty standard vauxhall redtop at the mo running about 150-160bhp as far as i know....

measured car stats, as measured against a standard corrado vr6:

0-60 bye bye rado..

60-100 (going onto private road) rado starts to keep pace with mini, just...

100+ (err, on private road?!) bye bye mini (aerodynamics methinks)....

its a pretty standard vauxhall redtop at the mo running about 150-160bhp as far as i know....

measured car stats, as measured against a standard corrado vr6:

0-60 bye bye rado..

60-100 (going onto private road) rado starts to keep pace with mini, just...

100+ (err, on private road?!) bye bye mini (aerodynamics methinks)....

hehehe, yeah my mate had the A and C pillar seams smoothed out of his mini as it gives you something silly like an extra 10mph top speed!!!!

As for the chassis twisting.. oh yeah.. the floor pan started to crack heavily behind the front seats!!! So he cut the floor out and space framed it!

Twin 45's give those vaxhall lumps 180bhp!!

from joe, lol

C20XE engine modded inlet plenum (inlet trumpets) strait through zorst bout 160ish hp and bout 750kgs. ummm adjustable power steering? AMT subframe. Rear subframe chopped and anti roll bar added... ummm never officially tested 0-60 etc but similar spec minis see 5.5secs and 140mph and 1/4 miles of anything between 14-15secs depending on traction!!

Theres a rear engine Mini around Essex somewhere running an RS Turbo CVH and nitrous. That is silly fast.

I saw this run at pod a few years back. Absolutely mental!

I also remember a yellow mini with a clubman front running a 2.0 16v red top vauxhall lump. Saw it running round castle combe at the mini world show. I think he got a telling off for driving too fast or something...

Dub Envy said: Although he's now gone down the "no replacement for displacement" route and the last time I saw the mini he was in the process of fitting a V8 in it.

His aim was 10second quater miles. Street legal.

I've heard about this Mini, The V8 is out of a dodge Viper engine I believe.

If it is I've heard they got some technical guy to come and calculate the top speed, he took into account downforce, weight, wheel and tire size, gear ratio and loads of other stuff. I heard it came out at something like 200MPH.

Don't think I want to do that speed in a Mini :D

Mini's on the Corrado forum??

My bro's just sold on his mini minus - no seams, all fibreglass and approx 5 inches shorter than standard (engine stuck out of bonnet!). The guy who bought its gunna spaceframe it and stick a hyabusa turbo engine in the back, he reckons he's contending for fastest mini in UK, reg numbers OGY 9**K.......tax exempt too.

I've got a mini pickup, hope to fit either Vauxhall lump upfront or R1 in back, mid resto but funds are lacking since I got the C!

there was a lad on rovertech who had a red top mini but wasnt happy with it so he junked it and put a 170bhp V6 vaux/saab lump in it.

but yeah Z cars hayabusa mini is quick, you can put the 3.2 vtec NSX lump in aswell ;)