Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Traffic Cop Spoke To Me

I was picking my missus up from the town centre when a traffic cop spoke to me.

Couldn't believe what he said to me!

I was expecting "is this your car sir?", or "driving licence please!".

But no, the first and only thing the Traffic Police Officer said to me was

"You wanna lower that mate! It's too high!"

Then walked off after I said I already had plans. :shock:

you know when VW got the height of the Corrado wrong when something like that happens....right off to look for some coilies

dont you mean 'than VR owners"?

:-P

yeah..what exactly are you inferring :twisted:

For it's time it was "sporty" in it's handling, actually. Modern cars are all built to handle like go-karts, because mom's gone to iceland and needs good suspension on that smooth car park. Also it stops people spilling their drinks on roundabouts. Or something...

LOL That could be a TV ad for Koni!

'Even the warden thinks you need Koni's'

:lol:

For it's time it was "sporty" in it's handling, actually. Modern cars are all built to handle like go-karts, because mom's gone to iceland and needs good suspension on that smooth car park. Also it stops people spilling their drinks on roundabouts. Or something...

The original handling of the Corrado was not the point, it has a well deserved reputation as the best handling coupe of its generation.

The point was that for some reason unknown to us mere mortals VW decided that it would look like a tractor at the standard ride height - it looks even more stupid when compared to the likes of the late 'rocco and 16v Mk II; these both have wheels that fill the arches nicely due to the ride height.

bast*d :lcop: is probably waiting for you to lower it then he can bust you or give you a producer

More great news guys 6 new mobile speed cameras approved for devon, every day I think more about emigrating, probably what they want :evil:

one of my friends got fined for running his MK2 TOOOOO LOW,,, top that for a pi55 take

they get rid of the static ones cos' nearly all the locals know where they are but the mobile ones are serious money grabbers & the evil/greedy bounders know all the "best" sites to maximize the take.

S'funny- they evetually hanged Dick Turpin for highway robbery :twisted:

:offtopic1: I know, but kinda related. Does anyone know which detectors pick up moble traps?

Pointless. By the time its beeped and you've responded you've being got!

Only a handheld gun can it save you as they have to get you twice and average out the speed.

Vans are just one blip.

they get rid of the static ones cos' nearly all the locals know where they are but the mobile ones are serious money grabbers & the evil/greedy bounders know all the "best" sites to maximize the take.

bar-stewards!!! I know where all the fixed ones around here are as well

Furk'z that's a disgrace, there's no such thing as too low

the big give away with all cameras is the fact there are signs before them.

random camera sign before village/dangerous part of road etc = good chance of a camera , best thing just bloody slow down and cruise through looking cool in your Rado.

police cant just setup a camera willy nilly they have to have certain places and then they have to have signs up to even with hand held traps.

there's no such thing as too low

There is on Norfolk roads, believe me.

never been to Norfolk but I can't imagine the roads there are worse than the crap we have in Devon, the trick is knowing where the crap roads / speedbumps are and avoiding them!

As long as you don't beach your car driving around normally it ain't too low!