Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Weird American Rado part....

What is the extra seal on the door shut of this american rado all about?

Is it in addition to the normal seals? If so does it make any difference to wind noise etc? Looks like it clips in so there must be little holes in the rear 1/4??

Discuss :)

Jay

How weird is that, could be useful for wind noise reduction as you say. I wonder if its on Etka.

Well, iirc from browsing ETKA the other day, you can get additional seals for dusty climates - maybe this is one of those seals?

it'd add a nasty black 'scar' down the side of the car though, I'd have thought it'd be highly visible on anything other than a dark coloured C.

Yeah - thats the one. Me and Steve found it on ETKA back when we were over in Germany and killing time in the hotel - seal for dusty climates! Tempests US Spec G60 does have them fitted..

They actually make the car seem a little more complete - you seem them in the gaps between the doors / pillars but you only see them if you're really looking!

Hey guys im american and my car doesnt have that extra seal nor have i seen one that does have it... then again im not from a dusty area so that could be why

Hey guys im american and my car doesnt have that extra seal nor have i seen one that does have it... then again im not from a dusty area so that could be why

that'll pretty much answer that then!

Welcome to the forum bud!

Cruise control. Sorry, couldn't resist, but US-spec Rados are pretty much fully specc'ed :-)

Yup, have those door trim seals, or whatever Etka calls them.

Tempest

Cruise control. Sorry, couldn't resist, but US-spec Rados are pretty much fully specc'ed :-)

Yup, have those door trim seals, or whatever Etka calls them.

Tempest

Pics Eric???

ive got the seals on my daily driver corrado, and my trusty parts car when the daily breaks down! they are definately noticable, i never realized the euro car's didnt have these.

hey guys it appears that i am an idiot... i went out to double check and i do have those seals... but as rarak69 said they arent noticable as i didnt even know they were there!