Sign in to follow this  
corradophil

Aero wiper blades

Post from Club GTI forum, maybe a good alternative to Lupo GTI wipers.

"I have a Golf but my wife has a Audi TT and she has just bought a pair of Retro-Fit Flatblade wipers like the ones you get on the new Polo’s etc.

Here is the link to the TT forum on this:

Link

Apparently they use the same clip as normal arms so can be fitted on all cars, just thought I would give you all the heads up as I tried to get Bosch ones for my car and I needed to buy a replacement arm (£90 in total!!!!) and these blades only cost £19! The site they are talking about is http://www.1stautobulbs.com and there is a link on their homepage for the Fusion Flatblades"

Ah but the reason for fitting the Lupo wipers is that the arm is better than standard - they just happen to come with the Aero blades.

The standard Corrado arm is pretty badly designed, so the arm doesn't press the blades against the screen hard enough and so the wipers are useless at speed.

Ah but the reason for fitting the Lupo wipers is that the arm is better than standard - they just happen to come with the Aero blades.

The standard Corrado arm is pretty badly designed, so the arm doesn't press the blades against the screen hard enough and so the wipers are useless at speed.

this can be overcome by grinding the little lugs away under the arm which it bottoms out on at certain places in the sweep,, :wink:

i think that coupled with some of these new trick blades should solve the problem rather cheaply :wink:

Might want to check that link fella....

Link fixed! Don't know what happened there...

be interesting to see if the standard C arms with the aero blades and the adaptor pieces don't hold water like the lupo arms, annoying as each stroke of the screen downwards sprays a bit of water on the screen with the lupo ones, the water seems to gather in the block type connector and only get blown out by the wind on the downward stroke :x

Might want to check that link fella....

Link fixed! Don't know what happened there...

be interesting to see if the standard C arms with the aero blades and the adaptor pieces don't hold water like the lupo arms, annoying as each stroke of the screen downwards sprays a bit of water on the screen with the lupo ones, the water seems to gather in the block type connector and only get blown out by the wind on the downward stroke :x

mine are all ordered up so i`ll post up details of my findings when they arrive,, :wink: :D

this can be overcome by grinding the little lugs away under the arm which it bottoms out on at certain places in the sweep,, :wink:

i think that coupled with some of these new trick blades should solve the problem rather cheaply :wink:

yeah, but to be fair that doesn't make the springs any stronger.

Yeah, the time-honoured grinding lugs thing does help, as the wipers don't bottom-out any more, but they still lift off the screen at motorway speeds :(

claybar the windscreen then rainX works for me, But I know what you mean about the water spraying over the wipers onthe downward stroke. Most annoying.

yeah, but to be fair that doesn't make the springs any stronger.

I noticed the wiper spindles on mine were not perpendicular to the screen, they slanted towards the front of the car. A little bending of the wiper mechanism chassis straightened them out and increased the pressure.

Mines still on standard wipers, and they work ok at normal speeds, but I would like to improve them.

why not fit normal lupo arms, like from a base model. surely this and those areo blades would work really well?? anyone konw the price of normal lupo arms?

Just thought I'd bring this thread back to life as I've fitted the Fusion blades yesterday and also ground off the lugs on the arms.

They seem to wipe the screen pretty well with the washers pumping but we've had no rain so I can't say how well they work at speed. I'll report back when it rains.

By the way the cheapest place I've found is Ebay - £15.45 delivered for two 19".

Dave

It rained yesterday and I'm pleased to say the wipers were spot on. Even though I've got some play in the linkages they worked very well.

So it's £16 against £70 for the Lupo setup - take your pick.

Hi there, just an update for you all..

Seeing as I work at the Derby VW Stealers I thought I'd let you know that VW are finally releasing Genuine retro-fit "AeroSet" wiper upgrade kits.. Bad news is they don't specifically list for Corrado, but Polo (95-02) ones are the same length apparently so I'll test them on mine and let you know..

Part no I'm trying wil be "6N2998002" retail price will be around £24inc, but if you do need some, try phoning them first and saying you're in "Parts Club" to get any discount.. You never know!! If you don't ask - you don't get! :)

Hi there, just an update for you all..

Seeing as I work at the Derby VW Stealers I thought I'd let you know that VW are finally releasing Genuine retro-fit "AeroSet" wiper upgrade kits.. Bad news is they don't specifically list for Corrado, but Polo (95-02) ones are the same length apparently so I'll test them on mine and let you know..

Part no I'm trying wil be "6N2998002" retail price will be around £24inc, but if you do need some, try phoning them first and saying you're in "Parts Club" to get any discount.. You never know!! If you don't ask - you don't get! :)

Anyone tried these?