Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Stealth Trip & The Wires New Wheels

Great day at Stealth on Sat, my car has been transformed with proper camber, brakes and of course new rimmage. Vince and co did a spot on job and very reasonable bill :D

Not sure Kev likes his MOs, but i do, they look very purposeful to coin a phrase. What do you guys think?

Bit of an aqua blue fest when we got there!!

Until Nick gets his act together, I have a couple of snaps on the old phone.

Trial fitting an MO to check for clearance. Thankfully there was!

CompMo.JPG

After a day's use! Pagid RS15 race pads - very very dusty! :-)

Dust.JPG

The only thing I'm not keen on is the bulbous centre cap and the chrome wheel bolts, but I reckon I can change those, but finding some 36mm long M14x1.5 bolts was a chore, but Comp came up trumps. To get the wheels sitting where I wanted in the arches, I had to have them made to ET48.

I prefer my previous sets of wheels for prettiness, but the MOs are to serve a purpose more than win any show and shines - chiefly to sit in the arches as VW intended whilst still clearing the AP calipers, and they do that nicely :lol:

that centre cap is standard fitment on most comp wheels kev, i`ve been looking for something a bit flatter to mount a vw badge on and tie it all in, those brakes look the part mate :thumbleft: a good choice of wheel with that brake set up 8)

sorry kev, but i prefer the Speedlines. but its personal choice at the end of the day.

gaz the geezer, Aye, it certainly is. Don't like it though :-) I've thought about getting a plate made up to cover the bolts etc which will clip into the wheel centre, then they'll look Solitude ish!

KADVR6, so do I mate ;-)

MK1Campaign, They are :-)

Get a proper pic up then DayHire!!!!

Looking nice. Sh*te brakes though - I'll give you 50 squid to dispose of em? :)

LOL, cheers for the offer mate but I politely decline :-) You can give me £50 to sample them though ;-)

I haven't got a proper full side pic, waiting for Nick to sort that!

come on Nick!! :)

what width are these?

(very nice wheel/brake pics btw 8) )

LOL, cheers for the offer mate but I politely decline :-) You can give me £50 to sample them though ;-)

I haven't got a proper full side pic, waiting for Nick to sort that!

sample for how long, and on which side of the car, and with or without a seatbelt!? :lol: :lol:

I think Nick is dead! They are 7 x 16, ET 48, 17lbs. The AP disc bells add 8mm track to each corner, so the final ET is 40, which is what I wanted for minimal bump steer and tramlining. I used Eibach 8mm spacers at the rear to get those to ET40 too.

bristolbaron, one press of the pedal from 12mph, leaning over from the passenger seat :-)

I feel dead being on here at 2 am! Sorry, i've been out staring at those speedlines :D and stamping on the middle pedal, like a kid in a sweet shop :D :D Lippy thanks for the sarc, but you were actually right, it was a user problem! It was too big :wink:

I give up, but at least youve got one of the 4 picks (twice!)

Preview doesnt work, and that aint me!

So how long before you sell these wheels then Kev? :D

They look sorta like the Speedline Comp2's I used to have on my G60.. just a bit wider!

i like em, a small trade off in looks (IMO) over bonus with clearance, weight and strength!

Nick, couldn't resist, sorry :D. Car is looking the part tho, nice work!

Here's to being able to afford to do nice bits to my car soon! :)

hm, I think the comment about them serving a purpose is quite accurate, they dont look bad IMO, but you've had prettier. Main thing is they're strong and light, which is just what you wanted kev. They'll look better if you can get a cap for your nut-recess (;)) since having them exposed looks quite 'motorsport'.

I like em, very functional and mean looking. Your right Jim and Kev did comment they looked like your speed2's.

I reckon they look nice kev, obviously I prefer the speedlines though. I agree with the chrome bolt and centre cap issues.

I thought MO's normally come in 5 spoke flavour though...?

6 spoke when you go to 16 Trigg, i think for strength. 15s are flat too rather than curving out