CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Yep, reckon so... but then I've said that before! :lol:

In all seriousness, a Mystic Blue Storm was always what I ultimately wanted, but was always out of reach financially (for a decent one), until I managed to get this one from Dave. I knew the car and knew it had been cherished, which means a lot!

Nice shots there Andy - you got some more wind deflectors I see ;-) Will try and make this show next year.

Defo a good car you have Andy, although I was expecting to see a black one when you turned up I soon remembered :bonk:

Cheers chaps :) Yep, wind deflectors are coming into their own in the current weather. Love being able to get plenty of fresh air in without getting wet!

Thanks chaps! 8)

Finally saved up enough to have some paint done. Dropped it off this afternoon, and will hopefully be ready by the end of Wednesday.

Having the following done:

Front bonnet

Front wings

Front grille

Slam panel lip

Front bumper

Rear number plate plinth

Rear spoiler

Rear number plate light cover

Whole car machine polished

+ hopefully all the dings removed, although the dent guy may not be available :(

Can't wait! The bonnet is really stone chipped, and the rest of the car is VERY swirly with some holograms too. There are around 4-5 car park dings on the driver's side and a tiny one in the rear panel near the Corrado script badge, so I hope the dent guy is available.

Tell me about it! Have seen some of the other work they've done, and it's very good. Just hope this will be the same!

If you don't mind telling, what sort of price is all that costing? Thinking of having getting mine done and just curious as to how much i should be budgeting.

That's a very good price it seems mate - looking forward to seeing some pics! Hoping to get my old girl in for a fair bit of paint over the winter months so I'm sure we'll both be eager to get to some shows come spring 2012! :)

Jim, aye, 'tis a good price indeed. What are you planning on getting done?

It was CCGB National Day that highlighted the problem for me- some of the other cars there (Chris' etc) had such amazing paint, and my poor paint was really shown up on such a lovely, sunny day! :(

Krishen, yep, paint isn't cheap :( Worth paying for a decent job though, rather than a couple of hundred that will only last a couple of years.

Yeh, I'm not convinced it'll be ready on Wednesday. He told me to give him a call Weds afternoon...

You're having exactly the same paint as I did a little while back. I popped in to have a look mid job and it looks horrific seeing the front all rubbed back! So happy when I collected it though. You do get nervous waiting don't you.

You sure do- may pop over on Tuesday to see how it's going ;) Hope mine turns out as good as yours!

Jim, aye, 'tis a good price indeed. What are you planning on getting done?

It was CCGB National Day that highlighted the problem for me- some of the other cars there (Chris' etc) had such amazing paint, and my poor paint was really shown up on such a lovely, sunny day! :(

Pretty much everything apart from the roof... it's fair to say it needs it pretty badly! It's the same for me really seeing so many clean cars and then looking at the damage, the rust, etc on mine... taking it to the bodyshop that sorted out Eric's MK1 Scirocco after a recent incident - he seems to be really enthusiastic, good, and very well priced :)