CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Most probably mate! Probably going to run it this summer and then start some resto work on it taking my time just refining it.

I might as well as its only costing me £10 a month at the mo. just need to sort out a cheap daily. Looking at polo 6n's can pick them up quite cheap and are cheap to run too.

---------- Post added at 8:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:41 PM ----------

But defo want to take the rado around castle coomb on the national day :D

I might as well as its only costing me £10 a month at the mo. just need to sort out a cheap daily. Looking at polo 6n's can pick them up quite cheap and are cheap to run too.

---------- Post added at 8:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:41 PM ----------

But defo want to take the rado around castle coomb on the national day :D

As you say Jake, it's a no brainer really. Polo is def worth a look- I'd also look at Ibizas and Fabias.

---------- Post added at 2:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:25 PM ----------

Good stuff! Really good wheels as discussed the other day! :)

What are the sizes?

Baz, they're 16 X 7. Would've preferred 7.5, but not sure BBS ever made a 16 x 7.5 RX. Got such a good deal, can't complain!

Gutted. Had a good look at them today, measured them up etc and they look like they're 5 x 112 pcd. They were advertised as VW fitment- I emailed the seller but never heard back, so bought them as I didn't want to risk losing them.

I guess my options are to sell them on (which would be a great shame), or get some adaptors (which are really expensive). Dunno what to do and pretty fed up :(

Baz, they're 16 X 7. Would've preferred 7.5, but not sure BBS ever made a 16 x 7.5 RX. Got such a good deal, can't complain!

not seen 16x7.5's.. seem to be 16/7 17/7.5 18/8

Gutted. Had a good look at them today, measured them up etc and they look like they're 5 x 112 pcd. They were advertised as VW fitment- I emailed the seller but never heard back, so bought them as I didn't want to risk losing them.

I guess my options are to sell them on (which would be a great shame), or get some adaptors (which are really expensive). Dunno what to do and pretty fed up :(

Bugger! I'll PM you now with a suggestion!

Got bumped a few weeks ago whilst in traffic. The woman :lol: admitted liability and the damage wasn't too bad- the rear bumper has a line along its length with some scratching/cracks in the paint. Doesn't look like there's any structural damage at all. Its very superficial. Phoned up the insurer's 'approved' bodyshop yesterday to confirm the booking. The receptionist had to talk to her boss about booking it in early- I could still hear the conversation 'It's the Golf,' Manager 'Golf?' Receptionist 'Corr... Corr...ay...do?' :lol:

Dropped off today- 'Scirocco?' and this was when she was reading off the screen after I'd given her the reg :/ Hey ho. I made it quite clear that I wanted my 'Pride & Joy' looked after VERY well. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Paul- nothing like as bad as the bump you had in the Nugget. Reckon (hope) all mine requires is a bumper respray.

Always a worry when you have to leave your car in someone elses hands , no major damage which is good news , sure we will see fresh bumper pics soon

Good luck with your visit to the bodyshop, hope they do a good job on your Golf ...

She just called it 'The VW' when I collected it :lol: They've done a nice job and they gave the whole car a good clean in and out, which I had been putting off as it was so filthy!

The car has been a bit slow to start first thing in the morning. Reckon it's a fuel prob. Filter was changed at the last service, relay works fine. Must be either the pump itself or lack of pressure in the rail. Have stuck in some BG44K to see if that can improve things, then I'll be investigating the injectors etc.

Managed to find a brand new Ford Galaxy heated seat switch for £12 on Ebay. Swapped the covers over and fitted it. Now have a fully illuminated switch with tight dials 8)