CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Good work Andy. Pleased to hear you still seem to have some enthusiasm for the car!

Thanks Jim! Yep, enjoying it again, even though it looks a complete shed :lol: Not much fun working on it in this sort of weather, but it's good to get stuff sorted :)

Puts today's hour of work on my VR to shame :scratch: Good to see you're making progress Andy, will you be attending shows next year?

I read about your rusty headlight screw, I can throw in some Stainless items when I do your BMC bracket if you like?

Good work getting heated seat sorted Andy, my illumination for switch doesn't work either & i took switch apart to find a soldered in LED, don't know where to get them from as yet, though it doesnt bother me too much but would like to get it sorted some day

Good work Andy. Forgot you had a Mocal - guess it makes a big difference?

Yep, takes the temp down by 8-10 degrees 8)

---------- Post added at 9:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:46 AM ----------

Puts today's hour of work on my VR to shame :scratch: Good to see you're making progress Andy, will you be attending shows next year?

I read about your rusty headlight screw, I can throw in some Stainless items when I do your BMC bracket if you like?

Yes please Dave! Much appreciated! ;)

---------- Post added at 9:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:46 AM ----------

Good work getting heated seat sorted Andy, my illumination for switch doesn't work either & i took switch apart to find a soldered in LED, don't know where to get them from as yet, though it doesnt bother me too much but would like to get it sorted some day

Daren, yeh, it's not essential, but would be nice to have it working. I'm sure someone must have done it- must try the search!

---------- Post added at 9:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:47 AM ----------

Thanks for the bodywork recommendations chaps. Will check them out. Also have another couple of places to get quotes from including the place who did the front end :)

Spent some time on the vRS today. Gave it the full works. Spent around £90 on parts and did the following:

Oil filter with new sump plug/washer

Quantum Platinum Oil

Pollen Filter (Charcoal)

Spark Plugs

Fuel Filter

Fitted Green Induction Kit- cleaned and lightly oiled first (£10 Ebay bargain!)

Topped up Coolant

Topped up Screenwash

Had to fabricate a bracket for the Induction kit from a B&Q bracket- worked really well. All went well apart from the oil filter, which just wouldn't budge. Had even bought a chain wrench, but it was complete crap. Ended up whacking a screwdriver through it and getting it off that way. Not ideal!

I wonder how much that would have cost from Skoda? Probably around the £300 mark I would think, all for a stamp in the book!

Productive day there, good stuff..

I hate those chain things. I have a pair of filter tongs, available from halfords.. They will get any filter off...

Thanks for the recommendation Michael. MUST get some, as this seems to happen every time with the vRS :(

Nice bit of tinkering to say it's January Andy :) Got loads to do too but just dont have time at the mo.

The pliers tool look a good idea too may have to invest.

Thanks for the recommendation Michael. MUST get some, as this seems to happen every time with the vRS :(

Just get some big grips, thats all I use for oil filters and then you can use them for other things too.

I got a little lucky on these and managed to bag them for a VERY good price. Think I'll switch back to the standard Solitudes until Easter. The weather will hopefully be better by then, so I'll get the RXs on 8) I'll give them a couple of layers of Jetseal 109 + wax before getting the tyres on.