Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

JIMMI'S CORRADO WITH 06 GOLF GTI TFSI RUNNING GEAR

Hi Dudes

Ive been lurking about on here for a couple of months and have racked up the huge amount of 15 posts !!!

I thought it was about time show you a couple of pics of my corrado that i have rescued !!! Its a nice low miles 1994 Flash Red VR6 with more service history than you can carry.

This is not my first corrado infact its my 3rd VR6 but my other two where pretty new @ the time. First one was a mystic blue storm bought when it was 1 year old reg. no. N22ACU anyone on here own it ??? it was a standard car apart from a set of 17" 6 spoke ESA wheels (when 17's where huge !!!). 2nd one i still see about as i sold it locally, it was L690PBD a Blackberry VR6 with cloth, anyone on here own it ?? This one i fitted 17" momo M1 wheels, some lowering kit i cant remember the name of and a NX Nitrous kit, car was as i sold it when i last spotted it apart from the NX kit i removed before sale. I loved that VR6 i had it round the nurburgring in the winter of 99 which was interesting but it was that car that made me want another !!!

One of the auctions i buy stock from had this red VR6 corrado in, i placed a bid in for it which gave me the highest bid until the last day. I had a real good look @ it and the car seemed very clean and the damage was very minor so i ended bidding up quite a bit higher but i bought the car anyway. I sell Bike salvage and Paint Bikes for a living so repairing this corrado was both easy and of next to no cost. When i got the car home a few days later the car seemed in much better condition than i first thought. the damage was confined to the centre front and was minor, the rad was fine and the only bits i was gonna need where a bumper, bonnet, front panel, grille and drivers light. the rest of the car was unmarked with only a minor scratch on the o/s bumper corner. Infact ive only had to paint the bonnet, front panel and bumper, the wings and rest of the car where mint ! The parts where a bit of a nightmare to find, i bought the front panel from M 15 MW on here which was a help. The original bumper i ended up repairing but i bought a brand new bonnet and headlight as they where'nt as much as i thought and where readily available rather than buying a dented one and repairing it.

The car as it is featured on the last pictures show it as it is today but it isnt going to stay that way for long. I dont need it as a daily driver i have plenty of other toys for that but i want it to be a good track car that still looks like a nice road car (if that makes sense). I have so far bought a set of Koni coilovers, M3 type rear lamps and a set of black Wolfrace kendo wheels which i will fit as soon as i have a spare day. I'm also going to colour code the door handles, numberplate light and the numberplate surround. those scruffy front indicators and numberplates will be getting changed as well. hopefully ill have time to get all this done in the next week or two as my garage is fast filling up with parts !! I also need to fit the new bonnet cable parts so i can get the bonnet to lock on both sides.

A Vortech supercharger and other engine bits are also planned over the summer as well so the car should turn into something very nice.

Ill post pictures as i get the car sorted.

Jimmi...................

good work m8! 8) was definately worth saving!

keep up the goodness.

neil. :)

Cheers for the comments guys,

Mtc 32 wrote

very nice mate and welcome to the forum. Whats parts did you have to replace???

I replaced the bonnet with a brand new VAG one, Secondhand front panel, Brand new Drivers light, Grille indicator and foglight.

Bumper was repaired.

bcstudent wrote

Have the headlights been detailed with red paint inside?

yeah mate i tinted the inside of the lights with the exact shade of tornado red as the car.

Jimmi...............................

Nice one - it's good to see someone saving one rather than breaking it for a change :D

Was8v wrote

how the hell did you repair that bumper so well!!!!

Easy mate i bought two second hand bumpers that where said to be good but where scrap and only fit for the skip. So i straightened up the original one best i could so it fit the car correctly then chopped the bit out of the centre that was badly buckled. i chopped a donor piece out of one of the poor 2nd hand bumpers i had bought and plastic welded it in. It is unable to tell apart from the crease in the bumper that runs all the way round it (just above the no. plate) has been smoothed out all the way round. I paint motorbikes so you can imagine i get a lot of practice welding plastics up with the state some fairings get into !!!!!

billinjah wrote

whats the story with the ktm?

Good one this, while me and my pals where trail riding @ the lake district a month or so ago the ktm in the picture broke an engine cover with the help of a flying rock it was pissing oil everywhere so we called into a farm to try and borrow some oil so we could ride it back to the van only stuff he had was hydraulic fluid so we chucked that in as we thought it would be better than nothing, the bike made it back to the van and i fixed the oil leak using the limited tools we had (a rock and a screwdriver from my van toolkit) but we had to drain out the hydraulic fluid to change it to something proper. There was no way we could get the sump plug out with the now snapped screwdriver and rock we had so i had the bright idea of tipping it upside down so the oil would come out of the fill hole !!!

It worked and the bike ran fine for the rest of the weekend !!

Jimmi......................................

Wow, farmers around here are the least likely out of anyone to help a load of trail riders! I've been chased by a few in Land Rovers and Shoguns; that's never fun.

Yeah mate they are all pretty much the same round here as well we are a well hated bunch !! I only go trail riding once a month now, start doin enduros & hare & hounds mate no hassle there !!

Jimmi......................................

After a full day on my car yesterday i am slowly getting it looking and driving the way i want.

Ive posted a couple of pictures below, car is pretty dirty and foto's arent the best but i'll put some better ones up when ive cleaned it properly !

First thing i attacked was the chassis, ive fitted a set of koni coilovers, eibach anti roll bars, new balljoints, track rod ends, all front bushes, drop links & top mounts i need to wind the coiles down a bit as i guessed when i built it up !!

I have replaced the exhaust which was blowing a little with a magnex system which seems ok if a little loud ! the wheels are also on they where a nightmare to fit as i had to have custom spacers machined and one off bolts made up, but they are on now and the hassle i had fitting them means they may stay a little exclusive on a corrado. I have colour coded the number plate surround and fitted the FK lights which have freshened the back of it up. an FK badgeless grille has been fitted but im undecided as to fit an eyebrow spoiler, what do you lot think ??

I still need to paint the door handles & brake calipers but that will be a job for another day.

The car has only covered 63k so the interior came up like new with a valet, i repalced the gear knob with a brand new one and i managed to get some genuine overmats from the local dealers. I have also fitted a stealthy ICE install which is all pioneer kit. its made up of custom fit speakers in the shelf supports, dash & doors, removable 10" sub box, 4 channel amp hidden under the boot floor. A leather/alcantra retrim may be on the cards after the engine is sorted.

The engine is standard its just had the engine bay polished & painted in places but a vortech supercharger kit is definately planned in the next few weeks. i know a few guys on here live local to me and they have charged VR's so i might try and catch up with them and see what a charger is all about.

The car has been transformed from what it was when i bought it and it will get better with time. Im quite enjoying the car @ the minute and it is taking the edge off the fact that i never get to drive my M3 because the GF's always using it !!

Ill post a load more pictures up when ive wound the coilies down and given it a good clean.

Jimmi............................................................

I have replaced the exhaust which was blowing a little with a magnex system which seems ok if a little loud !

That doesn't sound right. The Magnex system shouldn't be much louder than standard.

How loud are you talking and where in the rev range is it noisy?

My valver is definately louder than standard with the Magnex.

L33RRR, The Corrado is looking really good, shows what can be done with a bit of effort.

Yes, heard that it makes the 4 cylinder cars sound quite a bit louder but I (and other owners) have found it to be quite a subtle difference on the VR6.

Nice to see one rescued instead of just being parted for bits... 8)

Good work mate! 8)

Always wondered what a red C with black wheels and chrome lip would look like and as i thought, spot on! Nice work mate

Cheers for the comments guys

The magnex exhaust isnt that loud, but it is a good 20 - 40 % louder than a standard one which isnt too bad i suppose. i would of bought a new VAG system but they where far too much money the magnex was less than 1/2 th price so i guess the noise is probably worth it.

Jimmi...............................................................