Sign in to follow this  
JIMMI

JIMMI'S CORRADO WITH 06 GOLF GTI TFSI RUNNING GEAR

cheers for the support guys !!

yeah the engine is the GTI engine rather than the GT motor, it runs a turbocharger only. I test drove a golf GTI today at the local stealers, just so i could try the motor out and i was impressed, it was so smooth and quiet, not blisteringly quick but im sure as you guys know it wont stay @ 200hp for long (REVO 285bhp anyone). The donor car i have is some sort of LTD edition judging by the spec, it may be some sort of anniversary model but ill have to look into it, it has the R32 spec leather seats and stuff in along with the bluetooth fone kit, satnav etc and ALL this is planned on goin into the corrado !

Hopefully ill get the lump and everything out of the golf 2 moro and i can then start fitting it into the rado, the rado is sitting there with no motor in ready and waiting !

This will be definatly the first TFSI into a corrado, a bit of raking about and googling found a golf2 in germany which is underway but unfinished but nothing else using the full TFSI set up, i love challenges !!!!

I honestly wish i had more time on my hands to branch my business out into doing "interesting" projects on VW's, i suppose i can see what everyone thinks of the finished article here and see if i can find the time to do so.

More pictures tommorow

Jimmi..................

i know there's the gti 30 edition which is a 30th anniversary model which was 227bhp, don't know if these are fore sale yet?

i know there's the gti 30 edition which is a 30th anniversary model which was 227bhp, don't know if these are fore sale yet?

Ive got the chassis number from the car so im gonna check out exactly what it is when i go to the dealers today.

Rado-steve wrote

There was a TFSi converted MK2 Golf at UD last Sunday!

Have you got any more info mate, i have yet to see one put in "properly" using all the FSI management, did it have mk5 clocks and stuff in it?

jimmi...............

Fairly sure there was also a dutch orange painted MK2 TFSI converted in PVW a few months back ?

I saw that one but it was running a dizzy and G60 managment so not really an fsi at all.

jimmi...

Jimmi you're a nutter....do you have more hours in the day than everyone else or summit ??? :lol:

good luck mate :salute:

Fairly sure there was also a dutch orange painted MK2 TFSI converted in PVW a few months back ?

I saw that one but it was running a dizzy and G60 managment so not really an fsi at all.

jimmi...

I'm pretty sure it's running TFSi management wired up to MK4 R32 clocks.

Just read this whole thread for the first time - how many changes since last May!!! You're even more fickle than me mate! :)

Complete nutter.

:)

(there'll be a ferrari enzo engine in there by next week)

Cheers for all the comments guys, ive just finished work now and ive had a good few hours on the car, ive stripped all of the interior out of the car and stripped the bulkhead back to its bare self on both sides so i can weld the mk5 bulkhead into it so all the right holes are there for the aircon system etc.

The dash has been modded and is trial fitted in the car, it looks amazing, ive had to trim a lot of material out of it to fit but luckily ive got two dashes so this one is a tester. ive had the centre console in and it fits well, my biggest problem is that its looking like im gonna need to move the gearstick back 2 inches or so which is gonne be a bit of a pain as ill need longer cables but if it needs to be done it needs to be done.

Ive bought a HID light unit from ebay which im gonna graft into the rado lights, no more crap lights in this car !!

Another thing ive decided is to use everything from the mk5 golf the only corrado bits im gonna keep are the gearbox and suspension, im even gonna use the golf pedal box and steering column.

Im pleased how im getting on, ive got a lot done in a few hours, away at a wedding 2moro and racing on sunday so ill not get anything done for a few days. Next step is to weld the mk5 bulkhead in and route the wiring loom into the car before fitting the dash and finally fitting the engine. Hopefully the harness, dash and motor will be in by next weekend so i can mock up the air con/ rad pipes etc. then its a matter of pullin the lump out again to paint the bay. Sounds easy !! But its not !!

jimmi...................

Ive got the chassis number from the car so im gonna check out exactly what it is when i go to the dealers today.

Rado-steve wrote

There was a TFSi converted MK2 Golf at UD last Sunday!

Have you got any more info mate, i have yet to see one put in "properly" using all the FSI management, did it have mk5 clocks and stuff in it?

jimmi...............

Jimmi, It's featured in this Months Golf Minus!

Jimmi, It's featured in this Months Golf Minus!!

Cheers mate ill buy that today

Progress may be a little slow on the car over the next few weeks, had a bit of a spill on my bike yesterday and ive broke my right thumb !!!

You dont realise how important your thumb is until you cant move it !!!!!!!

Im gonna get every last part im gonna need ordered etc so i have nothing to stop me when i get better in a week or two, i normally recover pretty quickly (had plenty of practice!!) so i may be able to get a bit of work done !!!

Ill update with some pictures,

Jimmi...............

Yea, not sure if you can see from that photo, but theyd put a line through the word 'turbo' and stuck on a supercharged badge...

its got a supercharged badge on it, because it has a rotrex supercharger on it. it was featured in last months PVW think its 400bhp 278lb, so should be rapid

its got a supercharged badge on it, because it has a rotrex supercharger on it. it was featured in last months PVW think its 400bhp 278lb, so should be rapid

That seems quite low torque for a 400bhp car! Although i suppose it is only a 2 litre not a 2.9 V6 :wink:

It wasn't in last months or the months before that PVW ?

Also from what I gather from the article in Dec PVW featuring the Dutch orange 2.0 FSI converted MK2, that conversion uses the FSI managment and wiring loom. It also defo uses the MK4 R32 dash and clocks.