Sign in to follow this  
kebabman

Tempted by Titty

I can't believe I'm contemplating it, after the torrent of jokes about gay hairdressers I've dished out myself in the past, but a bloke I know at work offered me his V-plate 225 TT for £7.5k and I'm really tempted. :oops:

Seems a stupidly good price! The only downsides isit's done 100k on the original clutch so it's inevitably going to need a new one fairly soon. Other than that it has full audi service history and not a single mark on the body. Does this sound cheap to anyone else? :?

Has anyone driven a 225TT? I've got a VR6 at the moment which is awesome, am I going to be dissapointed with the drive/power? I know for sure I'll miss the VR6 engine noise!

is it a right or left hooker? the left hand drive versions tend to cost a lot less, you just have to get used to sitting on the wrong side and grabbing your door when trying to change gears...

never driven one, but i like em in black, gotta have the right wheels with em tho. 8)

if you do get it, you do know you'll be back in a c at some point :D (they always come back)

Certainly wouldn't fancy paying £20k+ for one, but for that price, I think you get a lot of car for your money.

Just depends if you can put up with the stick! :lol:

Knew that was coming. That's the main thing putting me off the car, will i be able to cope with the constant gay jokes...saying that, no one can deny the ladies like them. :-P

It's a RHD UK car in silver. Going to go and have a look at it tomorrow. Would be greedy keeping the VR6 as well wouldn't it? :lol:

.............. i like the look of the TT myself, i wouldnt want one myself but if you fancy it and the price is right then go for it mr kebabman , it may be ok for `pulling the birds` but it wouldnt be much cop at pulling yer burger van home tho :lol:

Bought it. £399+VAT later and it's 265bhp. How easy is that? :lol:

Do miss the noise of the VR though. How much is a '94 VR6 in Ice Grey Violet, 135k but with recently fitted Koni TA kit and FVWSH, and 12months MOT worth? :(

7.5k?!

Is it the new TT's pushing the price of the old ones down or what cause thats a great price!

Yes its a hairdressers car and yes there are SO many on the road, but I still wouldn't say no to one.. on a proper set of the multispoke RS4 style wheels I think they look superb! :)

i was tempted by a TT , i recently took one out and i did want to like it but it just felt "numb" imo

certainly not a drivers car ,nicely finished and well built , maybe the 4wd makes it feel too safe ? it just left me cold - deadpan

now the vx220 turbo was a hoot , which is still on my list but i'm not too sure about resale and living with it on a day to day basis same with the elise and exige

it just left me cold - deadpan

I think this is the same for alot of newish cars. I drove my bosses RS4 expecting great things. It was certainly fast but felt sanitised, apparently it gets a bit better when pushed. I also had a Leon 20VT for a while, same opinion.

Still prefer to drive my VR though. Do you think the "character" is in direct proportion to old knackered bits that don't work??

You're right about the steering guys, I've still got my VR so I've been driving them back to back and the VR steering is way better. The TTs steering doesn't weight up at all with corner load, so you have no idea what the front wheels are doing until they actually let go. It has LOADS of grip with the big tyres and 4WD, maybe that's part of the problem, but it's certainly very hard (for me) to feel where the limit is compared to the VR6.

What it does do well is make going fast very easy. Feels very 'planted' and safe, rides bumps well, and you never feel like you're about to crash. With very little effort you can get from A->B as fast as a VR6 driver who is trying, you just won't be having as much fun.

I dunno which I prefer really, VR6 certainly has more charm, the noise alone is almost enough to make me keep it over the TT, but I like the solid feel, nice interior, climate control and effortless drive of the TT as well. Oh and I gotta admit I like the fact that despite their commoness the ladies still seem to love the TT, they may try and deny it, but every woman is impressed by a flashy car. :lol:

7.5k?!

Is it the new TT's pushing the price of the old ones down or what cause thats a great price!

Yes its a hairdressers car and yes there are SO many on the road, but I still wouldn't say no to one.. on a proper set of the multispoke RS4 style wheels I think they look superb! :)

I was just lucky, bought it off a guy at work for what the dealer offered him trade in against a new mini. He said he just couldn't be arsed to advertise it, fine by me as the same car seems to go for near 10k on autotrader. :D

You're right about the wheels, has 17s on at the moment, look OK but not a patch on the RS4s. Bought a set yesterday just need to save up for tyres now, never bought 18s before, was a bit shocked at the price. :shock:

I would fit a spoiler for the reasons they were called back!!! The handling is a bit twitchy, and caused some fatalities iirc :shock: Im sure the shocks were replaced/uprated too.

(One) trouble with the TT is it just looks like they dusted off the Beetle design papers and scaled the vertical axis down by about 50%..

looking sweet mate, i really like the look with no rear spoiler but if its as stan says, then you best check with audi!

still awsome 8) i wonder if the corrado ever had that look when new, i guess it did of course