Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

Is this a bargain?

Can't work out if it's a mk1 or 2.

1800 8 Valve, MOT Till Feb 07, 3 Months Tax, 57,000 Miles,

New Hood, new clutch and water pump. BBS Alloys, NO RUST, Loads of fun for the summer. £1350 ONO

They didn't do a mark 2 cabriolet, just used same mk1 shape up to '92 then went to mk3 shape. Its doesn't look too bad for the money, good that it has a new hood and low mileage.

Small bumper models fetch less than clipper kitted ones - although it could look well with a bit of the old skool treatment. Is it a GTI or carb?

There's always plenty on ebay, check the price against them for an idea. I really like mk1 cabrio's but for some reason think they look better with the roof up?!

Have a look on the autotrader website for similar ones, there's loads between 1-2K and a few between 2-3K. Suppose it all depends on the condition but that does look cheap if the miles are genuine and it's in good nick.

bargain - they go for around 3k

For that you'd be looking at a nice Sportline or a Rivage that needed a bit of a tidy. Compare it to this one:

Shiney

£2000, take the bumpers off and flog 'em. Thats £500 back, then sell me the wheels..............thats another £20 back :lol:

any of you in South Wales (or happy to travel here) are welcme to it, I've just done the sums annd I can't afford it :( (was going to buy and sell on) PM me for guys number it's advertised on an internal intranet.

I saw one on the bay the other day 'first owned by prince philip' or someone from the royal family. Is that likely to help?! lol.

sometimes though, if a car that old has got such a low mileage then it could have been stood for a while..... therefore the low miles could mean trouble...... all depends on what the person selling it is like... dealer or private..

i got stung with a mk2 golf syncro (4x4) that only had 45k on it, bought it and then...... the oil pump went on the motorway,,,,,,,,,,,, middle lane!!!! :shock: it managed to weld the cams to the side of the head....... :bad-words: :mad: :bad-words:

so be careful........

I'd think a bit more than the oil pump going did that!

I rekon someone would pay £3k for that Golf - low miles and black

The one on ebay is white and nobody wants a white car

This is more like the model of mk1 cab you get for £3k (not taking faults into account)

Sportline GTI (said to only be 500 red and 500 black ones made), recaro cloth interior, C/l, Electric hood etc etc. That one at the top is much lower spec. Rivage was the best one in the range and they fetch about £4-5k in good nick.

Anyway prices of cabrio's flucutate depending on season so if it's worth £1350 in our ever so sunny british summer, then it'll be worth about £1000 come winter. To get £3k you'd have to fly it to the sun! :lol:

Sportline GTI (said to only be 500 red and 500 black ones made),

really theres one at my local garage in red, looks good on black RA's, really nice wants £3295 for it, wonder if i should get it for my missus?