Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Corrado Storm Was Crap!

The forum has been stale of late, so it needs a bit of humour and wackiness injecting into it! :-)

what, since Conleycrew was booted off! :lol:

I love mega storms. Love driving in torrential rain and snow too as it's such a rarity where I live.

a rarity is a good thing for me.... if im going more than 60mph and its raining a bit i can see chuff all through my windscreen cos of the wipers! :lol: :lol:

the wiper situation was awful when i had the car in Dubai though cos they were real tropical storms and when it rained, hell did it rain! 8)

like Storm77 said you could see it approach like a wall in front of you!

i would use RainEx to get around the problem but there was the odd occasion where i had to actually pull in cos i couldnt see anything! :oops:

I'll think of something inspirational to say next time! Or thought provoking!

Not f*cking likely :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

back on the storm topic, if you drove in reverse at 60mph into a 60 mph head wind then stuck your head out the sunroof, would it be a perfect day? obviously keeping the speed at a constant 60mph & also if the wind stayed at a constant 60 mph. (thought i'd better get that in just incase someone called me stupid? alternatively you could just do a j turn to save the sore neck......

that doesn't make sense does it? you would have to drive in the same direction as the wind, wouldn't you? i'm getting all confused.....going for a lie down!

oomg cant believe i have just read every comment on this post!!

how bored am i .... interesting point tell us more about the 2005 tt wipers though!!!

See Andy.....look how your thread has expanded already? That must be the technique.....use an offensive title! :-)

Yeah, TT wipers....got them in the back seat at the mo, should get round to lashing them on tomorrow night.

As I know someone at my local Audi dealer, he dug out a tape measure and we compared the lupo ones on my C against an 05 TT. We guesstimated that two driver's arms and two driver's blades (sound familiar? LOL!) should work.

Both arms and blades came to £80.....so not a massive loss if they don't work :-)

I just liked the look of them as both the arms and blades are a lot smaller in profile than the Lupo ones. the arms sit closer to the screen, so less bulky looking, and the blades are the very latest aero ones, i.e. the tiny thin things :-)

From initial propping them on the screen, the two blades clash in the middle, but I will stagger the drivers one under the passenger one so that they seperate once they sweep. So there'll be no unwiped area in the middle :-)

I love this thread's title - I bet some Storm owners spat out their tea and rolled up their sleeves when they read that! :lol:

the trouble with the Lupo and TT conversion for me is that my car is LHD so the wipers travel in the opposite direction to the UK cars so i cant fit them as they will be upside down :(

i cant even gert wipers with aero blades on the car because of this :(

Keep us posted about the tt wiper arms sounds goood!!!!

Driver's side is no problem. Need to do a bit more work on the passenger side as the blades overlap and hit eachother and also the TT arm strikes the cowling at the bottom of the screen on that side.

It's no problem though, I'll just go back to the dealer again and try some blades with a different offset :lol: The arm just needs a little nick grinding in for the cowling clearance, nothing substantial.

For now I've left the lupo arm on the passenger side but with the 20" TT blade, works damn well actually, wipes a lot more of the screen.

I'll post up pics and part no's once it's all fully sussed 8)

Nawww, I didn't spit out my tea etc.... I was almost disappointed with the actual thread content. One less Storm around or one bad condition one is good news for mine.

Back onto the weather type of storms.

I was on Cayman Island 4 years ago when hurricane strength winds and rain passed about 25 miles away. At 3 am that was quite close enough as my brother and I watched the huge windows and patio doors bowing in and out and the rain felt like it was going to come through the roof.

Neighbours had been round early the day before giving advise. Everything that could be was brought into the house from the garden and that which wouldn't fit was submerged in the pool. Childrens climbing frame and plastic wendy house etc sat at the bottom looked very strange but better than seeing them smash into heaven knows what.

I like storms but that was one storm too large.

The storms I saw when I was in sydney were pretty amazing, Living in clovelly we could look miles out to sea when there was lightening and stuff, it looked stunning.

The rain was pretty impressive too, really throwing it down. One night we decided to push one of the girls out under a hole in a bit of tarpaulin stuff where the rain was pouring through.

mmm, wet girls....... :reindeer:

Oh and i'm all over this tt wiper idea, make sure you let us know how you get on Kev, I'm on the brink of getting some better wiper and headlamp action.

Fiddled a bit more last night and things aren't as tricky as I thought.

The bodgey fix is to cut an inch off the inboard side of the passenger blade and stick the end cap back on. I will look at all the different Audis and try and find a blade with the correct offset as we don't want to be doing that every time we replace the blades :-) Can't use the lupo blade as it's the wrong offset and shape etc, but you can use the Lupo arm and TT blade, but it looks odd, LOL!

The passenger arm needs a little arc grinding into it just above where it bolts to the motor spindle, or you can trim the cowling, up to you. I thought it neater to just clearance the arm and it's cheaper than new cowling ;-)

Sorry to confuse, it is cool and it WILL work. Pics to follow.

The wipe performance and wiped area are a big improvement on the Lupo ones. There's something about the TT blades, not sure what, but they seem excellent. The arms are beefy things too and angled for reduced wind noise and juddering etc.

Expecting something later, as it's sooo clammy and humid here, it's unbearable.

Wayhey!

Had a decent storm today!

must have just missed us in donny,got right dark ,windy,rainy for about 10mins :lol: still very fookin dark though!!!!