Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

BMW VS MY CORRADO

Hey,

Quick question, my friend thinks he can beat me in a 1/4 mile race. He has a 2000 BMW 323I I6 and i have a 92 SLC VR6. Now i know this is a corrado forum but i dont want any favoritism. Let me know lol

Yes, but only because you're a far better driver. I know nothing about either car....

Close one. He'll be two car lengths ahead thanks to RWD from the start, but you've got some spare bhp/tonne over him, so it's tough to call.

Of course, it's more about who is prepared to push their car harder, and changes gear quicker etc etc..

Personally I think he'd be struggling.....

170bhp in 1600kg against 174bhp in 1250kg??? Hmmm....

I guess he has the advantage of rear wheel drive traction, offset against your power-to-weight advantage.

Just find some nice tight roundabouts and leave him for dead :)

(like the good doctor above says)

Its gona be hard to find some tight roundabouts because i live in New Jersey. good old USA hah. Personaly i rather be living in Europe just for the cars, By the way VR6 how can u not know about a 92 VR6 SLC lol

Its an unknown quantity over here mate. You basically have the corrado with a golf engine, whereas over here the engine is specific to the corrado vr6 only. Sorry to say it, but it's better :)

Hmmmm......... no roundabouts eh?

There must be a corner somewhere in america? ;)

Having owned BMWs, I can tell you the 323i will have no traction advantage, especially as it has an open diff. The VR has a lot of weight concentrated over the nose, so that would have the advantage.

323s are detuned 325s and dog slow.

You'll win because he'll look like a wanker and you'll look like a car connoisseur. ;)

**** = BMW driving type of person that believes they're far superior because they've bought one of the biggest selling cars on the market.

Not exactly dog slow Kev, but I hear what you're saying.

I can't agree that the front-driver has the traction advantage though.

don't knock it... My G60 gained .1 of a litre and gained 80+bhp in the process! :lol:

It's mainly the emissions control stuff on the US VR6s that hammer their output, not the loss of the 0.1 litres...

You're so presumptious Kevin! I have tried one mate. And 2 x 325's. All E46.

:p

I meant try "it", as in race a 323i agains a VR6. :p

CorradoDriver, re-bored, different crank, custom pistons, CNC machined head, dynamic balancing, blue-printing, gas-flowing, port matching, upgrading everything erm, and then playing with it a bit more = a whole hell of a lot of work = 250bhp from a 1940cc G60 engine....