Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Corrado Concept Pic

Hmm. The Scirocco's (officially) supposed to be back in 2007 - I though VW had already been through having two coupes on the market at the same time and thought it was a bad idea :p :D

too bad it's a rocco... or wait, maybe in a few year we'll get a more advanced styled VW called a Corrado again :lol:

but the person above me named musicman... your name influenced at all by ernie ball musicman basses? (i love my sterling if so...)

It's definitely happening, even the German highly respected mag "Der Spiegel" has covered it in the meantime, the "thing" will be built in Setubal in Portugal, where VW is currently also building the EOS. As production of the Sharan in Setubal ceases, they'll use that capacity for the production of the "new Scirocco", which to me isn't really a Rocco if it isn't built by Karmann, the original financiers, designers (with Giugiaro), commissioners and builders of the official successor to the highly successful Ghia. It's a line of heritage, that was broken in 1995 with the end of the Rado, now to be continued in Portugal after 12 years? Not for me ...

Tempest

no this old chestnut again

this is actually a sticky on vortex, for newbies to read, so it doens't get posted every week, but it still does.

who cares, it's not a corrado, or a scirocco.

can allways stick a corrado badge on it lol

if its a good car its a good car, but it looks big and heavy and even with the 3.2 id imagine we are looking at nothing new in the performance stakes.

The everyday one should be the 32, the proper one should be the new 36 or at least the 32 with some FI. If its a flagship coupe it should be the quickest ever. Not that id say no to one, and perhaps if its all made of carbon and weighs less than a tonn ill eat my words, but i think it will be nothing new, other than looks.

I like it, that low with those wheels, to look at anyway.

at least its better looking than the eos saw one in holland tacky horrible crap not a touch on a micra convertible!!

but the person above me named musicman... your name influenced at all by ernie ball musicman basses? (i love my sterling if so...)

Well, Leo Fender's Musicman basses, yes ;)

I have a 1980-ish Sabre.

it looks like someone has photoshoped an aston vanquish,,,,,,, look at the rear 3/4, it looks very similar and the front end looks out of perspective!!!!!!!!!

or am i being a cynic :silly:

How about yet another picture released in the German press? Discuss :-)

Tempest

Apart from the grille, I quite like that ;)

front end is nasty and the red one will never have wheels that big and ride so low..

How about yet another picture released in the German press? Discuss :-)

Tempest

any one else see RX8 in this?

t_image25ct_832.jpg

lst_126.jpg

even so... i hope it's not as embarassing to own as an RX8 :( why'd they make the 8 so slow?!

(and again to musicman and well like every good thing leo made he sold off haha)