NickVR6

Quickest car you've been in, owned and most interesting....

For me another big suprise on the cars performance was when i had a go of a freinds VX220 turbo....

Lets get this straight i despise vauxhall cars but dont be fooled by this, it is no hairdressers car at all and the bhp per tonne is huge. In comparison to the Skyline GTR ive driven before i think the VX would be making Mr Nissan look a bit silly....

Brilliant power and superb go cart like handling - made my VR feel like a pedestrian..

Fastest I've owned is my VR

Fastest I've ever been a passenger in is either my sister's fella's Impreza STi with what can only be described as major mods and was, at the time, pushing out about 550bhp! It felt like it could tear itself to pieces at any moment though. Or my old bosse's TVR Cerbera which would wheel spin if you planted the go pedal in 5th, even if you were already doing 70mph!

Most interesting car i've ever been in has to be my uncle's vanquish. Didn't feel uber quick but what a noise and all the looks you get. But i guess you'd expect that for £170000!

quickest - probably my mates tvr t350 thingy - very rapid, or my bosses 911 C4S

Quickest ive owned - my vr6

Most interesting - tvr would have to be a good contender but is pipped to the post in respect of exclusivity by the golf limited 16v g60 that my mate took me in to pick up my corrado. that thing again was very rapid.

for quick acceleration it would be my first car, nothing amazing, was a nova (que laughter) and i put a 2ltr engine in it.

for top end speed my vr6 is quickest.

Fastest car i've been in was a TVR Griffith

Owner spanked its arse round Toulouse in France.

Nearly wet myself

Looking forward to the day my mate finishes his Dart 7 powered Ultima GTR

Still in bits at mo but should be quicker than a Bugatti Varon

Has rear tyres the size of Brazil (335's)

Hav to say that used to own a Volvo T5 estate, which for a big car kicked arse

Slowest i've owner was a 600cc Suzuki LJ80, great for off roading but tried to invert me on the roads.

The list could go on and on

Fastest I've been in and driven is a Ferrari 355 round a track.

Fastest I've owned is my C, but also drove my parents Rover 828 (don't know if this counts or not as I was insured?)

Fastest I've owned are two BMW M3's [E36 Evo and E46].

Fastest I've driven for top end was the M3 [if delimited] but for accelleration it was a Caterham I drove as a drift day at Silverstone - just call me DK.

Fastest as a passenger was in hard to call. Either a Noble 400 around Castle Combe or the Blink Motorsport Elise driven by an instructor so we did almost a complete lap of Llandow nr Cardiff sideways.

Fastest I've owned, Sierra Cosworth c) 400hp

Fastest I've been in, 184 in a Supra TT, awesome machine.

Most interesting... I had a beach buggy for a bit with a 2180cc flat-4 aircooled in it.

mattosmond, it`s my mates new daily drive :lol:

hope he doesnt mind me posting the pics he`ll prob put some up soon

I adore TVRs, particularly the Cerbera.

I was in my brother in laws Chimera at a meet and we convoyed with a couple of the lightweight version ones and fook me they are rapid...

my next car after the rado was going to be a TVR... having to rethink that now! one day tho

been in this all weekend

No probs Ben!

Its my new motor (EDIT* TVR Cerbera in pictures above), got it on Friday. Power is savage, Im sure its trying to kill me. Done 400 careful miles and been sideways 5 times. Twice was me being a knob but the others caught me by surprise. The power at any revs and with little throttle is enough to bite me right on the arse. Its fucking evil!

Car was a 4.2 buts its been bored out to over 4.5 with forged pistons fitted, and rolling road mapped to the current spec. Its still using the 4.2 inlets but with modded 4.5 inlets on there power would be over 430 bhp. But there is no way I need anymore power. If Im honest 250bhp would be enough, to say 388bhp is already so beyond my driving capability is an understatement. The quick rack steering isn’t helping at the moment, I over correct it everytime. I was arse out each way last night about 5 times trying to get it under control.

Ive seen Lippy poking around the pistonheads forum, researching Chimeras mate?

Qouted Performance figures for it are:

0-60mph 3.8

0-100mph 8.something

Top Speed 190mph+

mattosmond, it`s my mates new daily drive :lol:

hope he doesnt mind me posting the pics he`ll prob put some up soon

lucky lucky boy ;) i am v jealous

Interesting old thread from way back when! I was searching for Guy Hartleys corrado specs and this thread popped up. So i guess it would be rude not to reply to it

Fastest ive owned is my own vr

Fastest ive been in is my friends RS6 - very sedate power delivery but uber smooth

Most interesting - not sure really, not had the privilege of being in anything spectacular tbh..

good find m8

fastest owned - probably my modified VR but i think my modified & half stripped R53 supercharged mini would give it a run for its money.  they both produce noise induced grins time after time!

fastest ive been in - a few contenders; the nissan GTR i drove was crazy but then my old boss took me out in his modded porsche GT3, which covered ground so quickly it was incredible

most interesting is a tough one - i still remember a ride in a 308 ferrari when i was about 10, had some great times in my uncles VW camper van but id go with my dads porsche 911 3.0 SC targa

• Like 1

My fastest was a brand new mustang S550 5.0 425 bhp - also 996 and 997 these put the power down better 320 Bhp . 

The most premium car I have owned by a country Mile R129 Sl500 5.0 around 305 bhp . The engine bay still looked newish after 20 years - absolutely best quality cars ever built . 

Fastest I’ve been in is the latest M5. 

0D160A32-9D0D-4619-8DE2-20026536F813.jpeg

25F7477A-4162-4168-AC6E-4D9769546CE4.jpeg

1910C836-3616-49E9-AC8E-3A15EEA1637B.jpeg

F4E1C2D8-B611-4973-B93B-43C14EFB0F5B.jpeg

898A1C95-F3D9-46F6-8F00-79F40FCFB5B0.jpeg

FF0F017B-E693-4E3E-B962-19C82C1C81D5.jpeg

940E8590-E9C9-4CC8-8ED4-81F93566FC11.jpeg

61060F59-37DE-4746-8524-78FD25988E9B.jpeg

FED272AC-A878-4397-B22C-269365E06347.jpeg

B4F16F64-31FC-4F2E-A249-469D5035271B.jpeg

9BE672F4-CA38-4760-AF50-1D22D0E51491.jpeg