Sign in to follow this  
willg95vr6

Rare Storm Automatic

just thought i would ask, how rare is a storm with a auto box,

£5200 with 70k on the clock does this sound dogy to anyone, sorry there are no pictures of it

They made 25 of each type of Storm as an auto.. so 50 out of 500 were Automatics.

I thought they only made 10 automatics in each colour of Storm, therefore only 20 automatic Storms?

That's right, there were only 10 automatics in each colour.

My maths is way out then.. thought it was more for some reason! Ignore what I said!

I thought it was 10% so 25 blue and 25 green automatics the same as Jim said... :| :?:

Are we not all missing the point... auto box VR's are carp, end of! Hell it doesn't even have a 'sport' mode :lol:

If I wanted an auto I'd settle for a Passat and buy a smoking jacket, flat cap and slippers.... hang on, I've got a Passat :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: LMFAO!

Well im convinced. Automatics are fun!

That engine sounds powerful! :lol: I was waiting for the gear lever to break off in his hands.

You know what - i used to HATE autos and when I got my VR I had planned to convert it to a manual alsmost immediately. BUT, I've really been converted. OK off the line because of torque converters etc its not so quick but otherwise you can keep up with pretty much everything else a VR can. And its very easy to drive around town too. The 096 box is not great as autos go but its not bad and I can get 32 mpg on a good run and 24 around town. Its a nice easy drive. OK I'm in my mid 30s with 2 kids so thats probably a factor too :wink:

I'd certainly look at an auto Vr6 if I came across one cheap enough

I'd have to give it a good drive first though as i've not been impressed with any of the VW's with auto gearbox's i've driven.

i know its not a corrado but my house mates going to be selling his 1995 Golf VR6 Auto that is in almost new condition its only on 49k miles fsh, he has no idea how much it is worth anyone got any ideas

this isnt a sales thread by the way

Autos are OK if there is a lot of grunt to back them up..... I've driven an 03 Mercedes CL500 recently and been out in a C43 AMG.....both V8s and circa 300hp....but the slush box just saps so much urge out of the engine. If they were manuals, they'd be blinding....but merc are openly cr@p at making manuals :-)

ive had two VR6 autos and have driven a few manuals. the autos kick ass if u stay in 2nd and 3rd and use engines pottential. also if u hold hand brake and pick up the revs and then nail it its just as qwick as the manual of the start if it had the grip lol