Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

A MASSIVE THANKS TO Double 6s, Stan24v and KevHaywire

I just wanted to write a quick post to explain why I am going to still be around on this forum despite selling the rado, the reason is the people...

I bought a set of wheels from a guy in Eastbourne for the new Porker. After a quick post asking if anyone would be willing to pick them up for me until I could sort out shipping, Double 6s (Will) kindly offered to collect them, but not only that bring them up north with him on a trip he happened to be making.

Now Will came "up north" earlier than expected complete with wheels which meant I missed meeting up with him, so he left them with another Forum member Stan24v. Stan very kindly stored them for me for a week while I organised collection. This evening he came and met me with the wheels and I just want to say a HUGE thank you to both of you for sorting it all out for me. Anything I can ever do to help you guys let me know. :D

Also I would like to say a massive thank-you to Kev Hayward who very kindly let me have my old steering wheel back which I sold him a year or so ago and he has returned to me for free!!

This is exactly why despite not being a rado owner I will continue to contribute and hopefully help people on the forum in ways that I can, like they have helped me out.

So give yourselves a big slap on the back!! :D 8)

Cheers all

Jay

AAAwww you make me wanna cry :cry:

You big soft shite!! :lol:

Just remember to bring your Vag-Com next week ;)

EDIT: I want a go in your new Porka!!! ;)

This is what the VW scene is all about, only been in it for a couple of years but made some really good friends from it - much nicer than any other manufacturer scene I've been involved with

I think this is the main reason why i'm onto Corrado #3. If I hadn't made so many good friends, etc through this forum and the CCGB i'm sure i'd of got bored and moved on a long time ago.

Some folks I seem to meet up with at almost all the shows I go to, and to be honest its the chance to catch up and have a natter which keeps me keen on this scene!

Glad to hear you're sticking around Jay!

I must admit also that even though I might not need Corrado info, I still come here for the banter and the friendly atmosphere that you people create makes this one helluva place to visit and post.

You really are cool guys :)

Gotta admit it never ceases to amaze me how nice everyone on here seems to be, since buying my rado I've spent way more time on this site than any other, and that's all down to how friendly it is round here. Doesn't seem to matter how trivial a problem is or how many times we've seen it before, Corrado related or not there's always someone there willing to help another forum member.

Were in not for this forum I probably would have got rid of my car a long time ago, but because of the great community here I've stuck with it and will hopefully be here for many years to come.

Jay you got it spot on mate, i just been on the phone (just gone midnight too) for an hour chatting to a forum member about certain mods, its a crazy rado world here

glad to hear you'll still be around mate, we'd miss you if you weren't :(

and you've earned a place here more than most, so I more one am glad you'll still be hanging around us FWD boys ;)

(and before anyone (Kev) tries to think of one, FWD = Funboys With Dildos, is the best I could think of)

Tiz what its all about imo. I've had a lot of help with my car and made some life long friends, i hope!

Lucky that Andi's mad enough to run it and that we have the mods we've got too, even the jailer ;-)

No worries Jay :)

Shame I came up earlier than planned and didn't meet you though. Hope you're enjoying the Porker dude :)

PS. My mate came round the other night - he's just bought a 968 CS. I thought my rado was stiff!!!!! Jesus. Handles like a dream. But I couldn't quite get my head round the sound of the engine - a 3.0 four cylinder! Wierd.

Tiz what its all about imo. I've had a lot of help with my car and made some life long friends, i hope!

Lucky that Andi's mad enough to run it and that we have the mods we've got too, even the jailer ;-)

Oi - watch it you!

:lol:

I think the reasons I stick around dispite no longer owning a corrado have already been outlined... although there is an element of hanging on to make sure there'll be a few left in good condidtion by the time I can buy another one

hetrosexual group hug anyone?

Good to see people are still willing to help out.. Will seemed like a good chap when he bought mates borbets..

Can we see pics of them on your new car please Jay...?

Don't say that mate. He hasn't opened the boxes yet. Inside he's gonna find 4x15 inch speedlines cos the porker wheels are on my rado!!!!!! :)

Glad you got the wheel OK Jay 8) Would have sent it sooner but I was pushed for time last week.

Yep, defo the best forum. Compared to myriads of other ones, there is a light hearted feel to this one and I like the honesty and community spirit here too.

Last night I thought i was gonna need a rado roof bar kit at really short notice as I'm taking the kids away and couldn't get a certain part of the kit.

So I put a post up and within about an hour Dub_nut_G60 offered to lend me his bars etc!!! Never met the fella but he's willing to lend me his gear!

Another example of the attitude on here - fekin excellent :)

What goes around comes around :)