Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

I hope you have plenty of luck selling it, Michael - should you come to that. As Karl says, it will be a shame to see you move on, but I suppose it happens to even the most 'dyed in the wool' enthusiasts at some point. I just hope you'll realise what you're missing out on quite quickly and come running back.. :D

Well, the R32 lump has changed hands to Mr Herisites as some of you will already know. Just didnt feel that i could justify the spend on getting it fitted a the moment.

If im being honest an ad has been drafted for the car as life situation means that it may have to be moved on. Ive no doubt that wont be the end of the Rado disease as i will end up with another at some point and can have all the fun all over again....

Damn shame if you do sell Micheal but as you say things change, I've no doubt you'll have another, but it will be hard to find one as clean :salute:

Has the chains ever been done :norty:

And there I was thinking of offering you my RS301's at a knockdown price but there wouldn't be any point at all now Michael would there? :lol:

Even if you do sell I hope you stay on the vw circuit, and whoever buys the car will be getting one of the best C's around.

real shame buddy, like i said yesterday its prob my favourite c in the country. its stupidly clean and meticulously cared for, really is a fine example and a credit to you. good luck if you do sell, though im sure you wont need it...

I really hope you don't have to sell Michael, would be a real shame that! :( I would hate to see your car go to someone with less enthusiasm and care than you have for the car, if it does go it deserves a good home! Hopefully things will work out for ya and it will be wearing RS's and being propelled by an R32 one day!

On another note, thanks for the R32 :clap: I am so eager to get started but can't yet as need to get another car sorted to use!! :brickwall:

Sorry to hear your selling chap, I hope you still hang about on the forum from time to time, make sure the car goes to someone who appreciates it :D

I really do appreciate the comments guys, not going to lie here ill be gutted to see it go but im thinking bigger picture. To find one as clean would be difficult but to build another with what i know now would be a pleasure...

Knock down price on the 301s, come on Bill, there is no such thing... :D

An advert will appear soon, before it does though ill be driving and enjoying the car for a little while...

Thought it was only a matter of time after our last few conversations...

Shame to see it go mate, but nothing lasts forever...

Well you know our thoughts mate, a real shame it has to go but understand all the same.

Was really good to see you last week and catch up & hope we can do that again soon :grin:

I'll give you 2k for the storm if you get stuck :lol:

I was just going to say the only people who could care for it the same are KIPVW and Butterfly, and if you need a really tidy example in the future then call KIPVW or Butterfly.

Yeah it could always go to the Corrado refuge that Kip and Judith have set up.....

2k, i was going to let you have it for 1.5k mate, you just saw yourself off for 500 quid... :)

Never thought I'd see the day Michael but as you say sometimes there are bigger (and better) pictures to go for. Hope you still stick around the forum and hope to see you at some shows.

You inspired a lot of what I did to mine and it was kinda fun trailing along behind you - a very long way I might add! Sure you will get a brilliant price for her and allowing yourself plenty of time is mega sensible cos it would leave sour taste to let her go for chip money.

All the best

Vaughan

As everybody else has said already really.

Never thought I'd see you selling your C though, but needs must I guess. Still looking forward to catching up with you sometime this year!

Well, after a time away im back on dry land.

The car is provisionally sold and all being well will be going on Sunday, obviously im disappointed but nice changes dictate so. Im looking at getting something abit more sensible, family car required. Ive not ruled out a smaller toy for tinkering, nothing major so im reaquainting msyelf with Mk1, Mk2, Corrado prices to see what the options are..

I hope alls gone well this summer, shows, builds etc, i feel a bit behind the times......

Good to see you back Michael. Your Corrado obviously didn't need a lot of selling, the best ones usually sell themselves! Is it staying local and going to anyone we know?

You take that steering wheel off? 1st dibs if so matey :lol: Gutted to see you sell mate but I know your circumstances have changed massively .

Be good to meet up for another curry and beer sometime too! :wink:

Well it still hasnt gone, havent driven it for months now so probably best that i dont or else i wont want to sell up. The guy who looks like he will have the car isnt an enthusiast if im honest, he may turn into one but if we are all honest once you get the money for the car then its no longer you concern.

The new car has arrived. Its a 2003 Bora TDI 130, very sensible but it really does shift and 50 to the gallon is a welcome bonus. Plans, none, too many doors to start anything and this car will be a workhorse, ill just be happy to keep it nice, its done nearly 100k but with all bills from new it feels like half that mileage..

Ive got to admit though ive already started to pine for another silly car, i cant see me getting another Corrado, or at least not for a while so im feeling another Golf, nothing rediculous as it will not be garaged, hunting has begun for the right machine though....

Hi Michael- glad you're plesed with the Bora- good cars and that engine has plenty of poke. Remap?

Go on, take the Storm out for a spin... ;)

Ahh Man, You should've said you were selling the Valver.........I had an awesome interior lined up for that, plus it was oak green and small bumpers :(

:(

Well, final drive in the old girl thisafternoon, price agreed, leaves tomorrow morning to its new owner.

Mixed emotions, really pleased with an easy sale and decent price in the current market but i will miss her alot. On a brighter note the genuine reason for sale is that i may have be saying goodbye to my baby but in two weeks i will be saying hello to a baby of a different sort - a baby girl..

I need a replacement though, ok the budget isnt massive but im sniffing at several Mk1 Golfs so watch this space, i will update as and when a new motor arrives...

Parts clearout coming soon...

On a brighter note the genuine reason for sale is that i may have be saying goodbye to my baby but in two weeks i will be saying hello to a baby of a different sort - a baby girl..

Congratulations!