Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

you don't waste time, straight into it :D

said a million times already, but they're such a classic motor am really jealous

Cheers guys, i have got stuck in and im learning fast that i may end upo throwing the book at this, i love it. Really big picture im talking colour change, different engine and everything hcanged but for the moment i want a fun and tidy car..

I wish it was as tidy as my old Corrado though and i suppose ill always compare to that, good for the car, bad for my bank balance...

Rear disc conversion info appreciated Ben, ill dig around and find some more info on that..

engine change could only be a 2.016v with throttle bodies mate, dont go silly and put a poxy 1.8t in there.

Whats wrong with a 20 valve Karl??

Dont think itll be a 16v, G60 is a serious possibility..

Mate of mine had a mk1 G60 running around 200bhp. It went like a rocket! The engine suited the car soooo well! Do it!!!!!

Godie, I'll have a Rear Disc conversion for sale v.soon if you are interested mate, stub axles, discs, callipers etc!

Dan, 16v turbo, now that is just silly, but it looks great and i bet it flies...

Your maybe a bit early with the rear discs Steve, ive got loads more to do before i get involved with that, let me know when they are off and ill have a think..

Yeah a G60 would be great, ive had a look into it and it doesnt seem a nightmere to put in, ok im sure its not a 5 minute job either...

Spent all of yesterday renewing all the fuel lines for braided ones, what an absolute pain it was. New accumulator on monday and then it should be rolling again..

Looks like you've been busy Michael :) Congrats on the new additions to the family. How did I guess that you would end up with a Mk1 in the end :norty: It looks like you've got one of the few left which hasn't been molested too much. I look forward to following this thread.

Whats wrong with a 20 valve Karl??

Dont think itll be a 16v, G60 is a serious possibility..

theres nothing wrong with a 20vt engine mate, i just think those engines dont have any character/soul, and a mk1 has plenty of those 2 in abundance.

what about a rotrexed 16v 8)

No No No.....2 litre valver with throttle bodies! no lag and instant throttle response! :luvlove: and the noise!!! "drool"

i personally agree with you James as i said the very same thing on the previous page, but Michael doesn't wanna go with the valver??

Hang on Ladies.... :D

Theres plenty to do before itll be getting a transplant, i can see that attraction of the 20v, loads of power but agree its not in keeping with the car, the G60 is though imo. Carbed 16v, ive only heard one and it wasnt set up correctly...

Well it didnt take long..

The Mk1 is great, its not a rolling restoration car though so its got to go..

And..............................................Im picking up another VR tomorrow...

In a 90 spec Atlas Grey Mk2.... cant wait....

I had heard that you weren't enjoying the Mk1 that much - shame! Looking forward to seeing its replacement! :)

I wonder who told you that Jim... The MK1 is a funny car, to me its the best looking car VW have ever done, it just needs so much doing to bring it up to driving pleasure of a Corrado or similar. Id love another but itll need garaged and a fortune thrown at it..

Not found on E38 Karl... It looks good, a self done conversion but ive seen some of the guys other work. Car has ronal turbos on which will be going buut other than that looks totally original, still wearing 16v badges, lets see what its like before i get too carried away..