Sign in to follow this  
2corrados

Is this the rarest Rado in existence today ?

I will put up some pics tomorrow, but I have just purchased a 1989 red 1.8 16v. So what you might say, but there are 4 things which make it a little rare. No sunroof, windy windows, 5 Sebring alloys and ............... ...........yes..................a Blaupunkt Atlanta that works.

Anything else which would make it rare and I'll have a look in the morning.

Local guy threw the car at me,well he might as well have done for what I paid him for it, and not sure what to do with it, any ideas anyone......

I have 2 already and I'm emigrating soon, so I can't keep it

Thats quite a collection you're building up there 8)

Not sure if a 'poverty spec' C would be considered rare but I'm sure some people would disagree with me ;)

It's the old press cars that seem to be holding a slight amount of value - could yours be one of them? (would need to be on an F plate)

plenty ones with windy windows.........to not a lot with no sunroof.........pretty sure Chubbybrown's missus's one is a non sunroof one too

I know of a much much much muchrarer one than that.. but I aint saying any more! Rarer than a Campaign even.

I think one or two members on this forum would kill me if I let slip with the info. I might check with them first! :)

Way way way rarer than Brefords (ie properly).. three letters for you which I guess will give the game away but I don't care - we kept it secret long enough ;)

VWM...

Volkswagon Motorsport?!?!?!

Vince something something?!?!?

edit: Why was it kept secret too?

edit2: dont go offline Jim!!!

I will put up some pics tomorrow, but I have just purchased a 1989 red 1.8 16v. So what you might say, but there are 4 things which make it a little rare. No sunroof, windy windows, 5 Sebring alloys and ............... ...........yes..................a Blaupunkt Atlanta that works.

had one just like it. Was TWOC'd and killed in 1999.

Nope - not like that. This is why this other one was especially rare.. :)

Way way way rarer than Brefords (ie properly).. three letters for you which I guess will give the game away but I don't care - we kept it secret long enough ;)

VWM...

VW Museum?

Its the one that was done without a bodykit, standard looking but a 16v G60, one had front wheel drive one was 4wd, cant remember which was which, but I think the body kitted one was 4wd, could be the other way round.

Its the one that was done without a bodykit, standard looking but a 16v G60, one had front wheel drive one was 4wd, cant remember which was which, but I think the body kitted one was 4wd, could be the other way round.

You're on the right track...

I am still trying to er, get info on this from that other source.

And both Dinkus and Jim are right - it is VWM related but they only supplied a completed part, they didn't build the rest of it and that is what makes it unusual.

That and the fact it just doesn't exist - might even say that it is a proper factory ringer.. :wink:

Oh and you are right Jim I will kill ya :roll: :wink: