Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

R36 8)

The company I work for run a load of new Passats - we are losing serious credibility with clients because so many meetings are having to be cancelled because the cars are forever breaking down. Dealers are tearing their hair out with electrical problems and misfires on the TDi engines.

Whats the point of a quick car if there's no guarantee you're going to get to your destination - might as well buy an Alfa 159 Sportwagon - at least it will attract admiring glances on the hard shoulder

Looks too much like a Honda Accord estate, especially with the dark wheels and twin exit exhausts.

Why don't VW just launch the engine and save themselves the hassle of making a car to put it in? Cause they won't stay in the Passat long!! R36 twin turbo anyone? :-)

saw this the other day, looks pretty cool.... should give bmw and audi a run for their money in the estate market!!!

Yeah. The thing is people in this country are massive brand snobs, and seem to think that VW aren't as good/posh as audi/bmw.

I'd rather be a dude in a dub than a tw*t in a beemer any day of the week!

:)

meh - would take it or leave it, looks too much like the mk5 r32 by trying too hard.

the b5.5 with tasteful mods looks so much meaner.

kevHaywire, VW have made a car to put the R36 engine in MINE :evil: :lol:

meh - would take it or leave it, looks too much like the mk5 r32 by trying too hard.

the b5.5 with tasteful mods looks so much meaner.

kevHaywire, VW have made a car to put the R36 engine in MINE :evil: :lol:

I agree. Too much design. Not enough style.

Looks too much like a Honda Accord estate, especially with the dark wheels and twin exit exhausts.

Agreed, and the Accord estate is a major eye sore...

saw this the other day, looks pretty cool.... should give bmw and audi a run for their money in the estate market!!!

Yeah. The thing is people in this country are massive brand snobs, and seem to think that VW aren't as good/posh as audi/bmw.

I'd rather be a dude in a dub than a tw*t in a beemer any day of the week!

:)

but hopefully vw will price it right and for all the intelligent people who want performance but don't want to pay £40,000+ for it, then it will be the perfect tonic!!! i wonder what the fuel figs are? Seems strange with all the hoo hah about big gas guzzlers that vw would even both developing this!