Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

what are your perfect wheels for a 'Rado and why? Disc

ummm... do I need to add in what my faves are? :oops: :lol: (I've just fitted a set of 8.5x17s to my Passat too.... can you say PHAT!?! 8) )

Borbet Cs... Clean, classy, reasonably light, excellent quality and a doddle to clean! :lol:

What i dont understand is the BBS LM Replicas are the same weight as most other alloys - Its only because the Real ones are light weight that makes them worth so much.

Yes the real ones are worth the money - but the Copies should be looked upon like any other alloys.

So they look good and are a good price, so unless weight is a problem with you then fook it lol

Either way, they gotta be 16" IMO. Then as for style - either Porsche or BBS - much like A1 VR6, whereas Furkz is getting a tad fussy with the splits; almost a problem with the original G60's. 15" are too small - ~hangs head in shame~

for those of us who dont have about £2000 to spend on some BBS LM's (thats most of us) i have found these alloys. ok they are not bbs's so

1, they will weigh more

2, they will not be as well made,

3, they are about £500 for the set of 4.

KADVR6, available in 4 AND 5 stud????

Henny, stick a picture up of you ssat mate

Excuse the "rally look" mud splatter... I'd had to drive into a field (somewhat quickly) to avoid a lorry squashing me after doing an emergency stop due to a major car crash on the road in front of me (someone flipped their car... :o ) The lorry driver behind me hadn't been concentrating (I reckon he was on the phone) and stopped about 4 feet into the space my car would have been in if I hadn't noticed he wasn't paying attention and that there was an open gate! :|

He was somewhat apologetic (and a damn site bigger than me) when I went and confronted him about it... ;) :oops: :lol:

Anywho, here's the pic on her new boots... 8.5x17 with 235 45 tyres... 8)

yeh they are available in 4 & 5 stud, i will be finding out from the guy on monday/tuesday about the exact cost/sizes, he thinks they also do them in 16's.

Henny, your soooo corporate "sneaking" the advert into that picture!!! ;)

wheels suit the ssat, nice one. How is the rado coming along (hint hint, get the rado coming along!!!)

Lippy, I don't work for them anymore, they sold the station I work for (and my services) a couple of weeks ago... :| Rado is coming along... should be running again sometime soon, but my wedding's taking up all my time at the moment... only 24days of freedom remaining! :|

Henny, nightmare! sorry to hear that. Good luck with the wedding and most importantly Congratulations!

Quote from the vid...

"On a daily driver they'd only need blowing out with an airline every 3 weeks!"

:shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!:

For me it has to be the oettinger RE's, cant beat the look of a five spoke on a C.

Closely followed by keskin KT5's......mmmm

clearly im partial to borbet As, i love them..also have a soft spot for the cup 3 splits, oh and at the risk of being shot down, on page 1 phil ks pic 'corrado3jpg' those wheels look amazing!!!! but i dont know what they are..someone enlighten me!

haven't read the whole thread, but my fave wheels for a C have always been Oz Cronos

They look like a larger (available in 16 and 17) version of the Speedline, but also have a smoother line to them, which makes them look more modern.

have always wanted a set, but they don't seem to ever become available, as they were discontinued a couple of years ago :(

now why did you have to go and do that Jon?!?!?! :lol:

£775 for the set is a little rich for me atm, plus I'd need rubber, thats my respray put back another couple of months.

suppose I could always sell the Sinfonia :oops:

If your on a budget (like me!) I dont think you can beat polished Estorils (see my sig!)

If money is no object then its gotta be BBS RS301's or anything by Keskin / Schmidt!