Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

what are your perfect wheels for a 'Rado and why? Disc

OK a 40 pager in the making I think... PhilK and I were dicussing this on MSN.. so I thought I'd post this...

My mind keeps changing but its a toss between Ronal Turbos or Porsche D's .... Polished of course....

There's loads of wheels that have been been done before and others that haven't... those that haven't are mainly down to a) they look poop or b) I can't afford a second mortgage for those rims :shock: :lol:

These are my all time fave's but buying them and not being shot by the Mrs won't happen for a long while yet :(

Modern-Line-3-tlg-16big.jpg

And then you get into the realms of colour coded centers... I think with the right choice of colour with polished lips can make a rim that may not suit the C normally work really well...

Have been thinking about getting the centers of the Cup 3's colour coded pearl grey and having the lip polished but am not too sure - a make or break decision IMO :?>

I'll read this with interest as i'm now on the hunt for some new wheels and haven't a clue what to get at all!

I think split rims are the ultimate wheel for the C and IMO my Cups are the next best thing until I have the money... a few examples from my rather large C picture archive 8)

I'm a huge fan of Compomotive MOs.

Yeh I have to say, despite my depression, I don't think i'd rather have another set of wheels (Including the Speedlines - never thought i'd say it) than Comp MO's on my car.

I think they look the nuts and the same goes for the Speedline Comp 2's that Jim had. Great great wheels with lines that work very well on a C.

Others i'd say are great however,

BBS RC's & RX's

Vento Challenege Cup Speedlines

Standard Speedlines

Thankyou.

all the above rims i love but its mainly down to the colour,and style of the raddo.

Wide rims for the rear and spilt rims will suit most.

Edit...i hate standard speedlines :pukeright:

Don't think you can beat a classic set of BBS RS's. I know they've been done to death but they are timeless and never go out of vogue. When you watch a Corrado cruising along with these on it just looks amazing IMO. I do appreciate wheels you've mentioned and others and think they look fantastic but given the choice it would aways be some form of BBS RS cross spokes for me. Maybe one day I'll live the dream.

Yeah BBS wheels usually do the trick, been done to death though some of them I went for RWIIs because Ive only ever seen one other corrado with them and thought they looked sweet. They're a bit of a love em or hate em wheel with most people

Mav3, Good luck mate, Ive got a set of them, and my brother has 2 sets, and they aren't going anywhere!!!

IMO if they aren't splits or at the very least mock splits, they just arent good enough. You'd be better of keeping the car standard, rather than wasting your money on one piece rims.

Phil K, there are uk version of all them black cars lol

imo there is only one wheel for the rado

Mav3, Good luck mate, Ive got a set of them, and my brother has 2 sets, and they aren't going anywhere!!!

IMO if they aren't splits or at the very least mock splits, they just arent good enough. You'd be better of keeping the car standard, rather than wasting your money on one piece rims.

by comparison, i think mock splits are terrible! if you cant afford real splits get one piece.. i've made the mistake in the past.

I'm a huge fan of Compomotive MOs.

Yep, I'd go with that 8)

It's funny how most people would agree that wheels make or break a car yet there are so many ideal rims people would have... the LM's Paul had are one of the nicest designs ever IMO 8)

LM's are my fave wheel, but I don't think they look best on a corrado for some reason!?

LM's are possibly my favourite wheels aswell but as you said - they just don't work on a Rado. Think it's because they are 18's and 18 is just tooooo big on a C IMHO!!

Split rims

The set I have are worn in the summer;

I dont think i could hack cleaning them in the winter though :black:

forgot to say keskins are ok too

For me you really can't beat a good set of BBS RMs or RSs.

Stunning wheel, really suits all VW's of the era and it is fairly light too so has a good edge when it comes to handling and ride.

Must confess to always liking speedlines, they just seem to suit the C and nice and easy to clean too.

Given a silly budget I like these, look pretty good I think although would have to loose the rice stylie red center cap for a black and silver one. Best thing about them is they only weight in 4.91kg - seriously light for 15" x 7" rim!