Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

what are your perfect wheels for a 'Rado and why? Disc

For me you really can't beat a good set of BBS RMs or RSs.

Stunning wheel, really suits all VW's of the era and it is fairly light too so has a good edge when it comes to handling and ride.

Must confess to always liking speedlines, they just seem to suit the C and nice and easy to clean too.

Given a silly budget I like these, look pretty good I think although would have to loose the rice stylie red center cap for a black and silver one. Best thing about them is they only weight in 4.91kg - seriously light for 15" x 7" rim!

We have some 17" ones of these here at the moment and i agree they are a great wheel..

For me its the BBS 301' made for the corrado.. end of.

th line 3 piece splits ,they must have staimless radinox lips,no wheel comes close! you can abuse these wheels for 2months then just wipe with a cloth and they just shine back at you as if they were new! alloy lips suck!

bbs rs with stainless lips rock just as hard!

Not really a fan of bbs's,dont see the attraction with the center designs at all :?

Only time i like em is when they have a propper bit of depth/dish with a black/colour coded center...

Cant wait to get my next rims :D

Vento Cups

Oettinger REs

Borbet Cs

BBS LMs or Rial Daytonna Race look fecking awsome on the mk3 below (just loose the exhausts :roll: :wink:

OZ Futura

I never really warmed to the ZW1s, i have no idea why though. Bit too fusy, too much going on for my eyes!

I think taking into account all factors the 16" speeds are the best wheels ive ever had, but the oetts are on at the momment and i like the way they fill ther arches, just wish they were half the weight because the car handles like CR.P!!

I have to sell a set though so i'll have to decide soon :x

I have a really wierd love/hate relationship with the wheels on mine. They were on it when I got her and some days I love em, while other days I cant stand them! I dont even know what they are, but I think they are ACE Matig or something like that.

One things for sure tho, they are a POP to clean! 8)

I love yours mate, they look like 6 spoke oettingers!

Know what you mean, corrado must be the most fickle car there is when it comes to picking rimmage

Couldn't agree more Nick - the C is surely one of the hardest cars to find the 'right' rims for...

So far I've had G60 BBS, TSW (ok, but they were cheap :lol: ), Enzo Cups and now Cup 3's! The last 3 sets have all been in the last 18 months or so :D

I'm still not sure how I feel about the D90's..... I supose I'm hanging on untill the winter passess and I'll get them polished....

DSC00029.jpg

Got to say though... I love these 928's on this golf!!!!

golf1.jpg

D90s and Azev A are 2 of my favourites.

I had a set of D90s refurbed and ready to go on, but had to sell them to fund the purchase of a flat.

I sometimes really like my wheels, and other times don't, but I do like the fact that I never see another car with a set.

I'm gonna be different...

Speedlines 8)

Seriously, at first I wasn't sure that I even liked them when I bought my standard wheels, but they're refurbed, clean as a clean thing, and I love 'em. The car handles superbly with them. Tyres are cheap too :lol:

That said, I do like the BBS LM's or most other BBS's tbh, give me a black rim with chrome/brushed spokes, or the vice versa, and i'd be happy.

I'm gonna be different...

Speedlines 8)

Seriously, at first I wasn't sure that I even liked them when I bought my standard wheels, but they're refurbed, clean as a clean thing, and I love 'em. The car handles superbly with them. Tyres are cheap too :lol:

Second that, only thing is they should be available in 16x7 then i'd be happy... but theres only a few sets in existence in that size due to being made for motorsport only or summat.

for those of us who dont have about £2000 to spend on some BBS LM's (thats most of us) i have found these alloys. ok they are not bbs's so

1, they will weigh more

2, they will not be as well made,

3, they are about £500 for the set of 4.

for oem+gotta be rc's one of my all time faves. just sold my bbs rs' but did love the look shame it was every where! got something a bit different for next year very subtle but different enought to make you think "they are...no --hang on what are they!!

for those of us who dont have about £2000 to spend on some BBS LM's (thats most of us) i have found these alloys. ok they are not bbs's so

1, they will weigh more

2, they will not be as well made,

3, they are about £500 for the set of 4.

Very Sexy!!!!

So where would i be able to buy the BBS LM copies from as i am in love with these Rims and £2000 is way over my budget????

i'm getting some details from a uk supplier on these wheels, he will have to get them sent over from the states on the next delivery, but he has found out the weight of them 8x17's come in at 9.5kilo,